NWN2 NWN mods released/coming out soon

Neverwinter Nights 2
Uh yeah. Anyway, this thread ought to clear things up: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061212938

I'd like to know why you're attempting to start site flame wars whilst flaming the author/authors of Celeritas Eos when one of the developers of said mod addressed you here. I even asked the developers, on the behalf of yourself and Stainless Veteran, about why there was no explicit sex scenes or rape in the mod and got a reply for you.

So what's this really about then? Because I'm dying to know. Did the mod author run over your cat? Date your mom? Seriously, what? What had made you engage in this public campaign of incredible butt hurt and hatred?

Me? I'm just a fan entertained by this all. I've got nothing to loose but I find the behavior of RPG Codex even more hateful than usual. Hating on a video game you've paid for and was disappointed with is one thing, hating on a yet-to-be-released free mod is another.

I'd like to know why you're attempting to start site flame wars whilst flaming the author/authors of Celeritas Eos when one of the developers of said mod addressed you here. I even asked the developers, on the behalf of yourself and Stainless Veteran, about why there was no explicit sex scenes or rape in the mod and got a reply for you.

So what's this really about then? Because I'm dying to know. Did the mod author run over your cat? Date your mom? Seriously, what? What had made you engage in this public campaign of incredible butt hurt and hatred?

Me? I'm just a fan entertained by this all. I've got nothing to loose but I find the behavior of RPG Codex even more hateful than usual. Hating on a video game you've paid for and was disappointed with is one thing, hating on a yet-to-be-released free mod is another.

RPG Codex = once again proving what a bunch of asswipes they are.

I find it sad that they're attacking an unreleased mod and all because it didn't include their rape fantasy fetish. Or is it to do with the mod not including sex animations? To be honest, either way, their response is completely OTT. What is the mental age of most Codex users I wonder? It must be very low.

Edit:

Seems there's a public demo of Celeritas Eos due to be released soon:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/celeritas-eos/news/celeritas-eos-avue-public-demo-on-the-way

So we'll find out then if it's a "prostitution" mod or not. Either way, I don't think anyone cares what Codex has to say. The Codex is pretty much a trolling site anyway.

I'm pretty sure Infinitron (or Stainless Veteran, or whoever was responsible for creating that thread title) think I'm the mod maker or one of the developers because I went on the Codex to defend the mod.

However, anyone who has been tracking Celeritas Eos will have Googled it and have seen it's not only a google suggestion but "celeritas eos beta download" and "celeritas eos beta" are the second and third results in the search bar. The Codex thread is right at the bottom of the first page when one googles the mod so I don't know why it's so shocking to the Codex about a fan coming to defend the mod when the thread appears in search results (along with this thread too). The suggestions in the search bar also establish the mod as something quite a few people must be searching for.

If Infinitron/Stainless Veteran had bothered to do their research, they'd see the mod also gets regular discussion from the same users on moddb. It has an established fan base. Apparently it's preposterous to think one couldn't have stumbled upon the codex thread to defend the mod (in this case, I stumbled upon it alongside one of the developers who isn't even offended by the thread).

(I'm Ioal of Moddb BTW everyone)

So we have two developers saying they don't care for the drama but the Codex has still gone out of their way to create a thread calling the mod a "prostitution" mod, stating that the developers hate Stainless Veteran (because I - a fan - challenged his stupidity, a stupidity agreed upon by others in this thread and there too).

All in all, I have to agree with your last sentence.

…I don't think anyone cares what Codex has to say. The Codex is pretty much a trolling site anyway.

Not to mention Infinitron banned me thrice on the Codex for challenging Stainless Veteran, decided to reignite the drama in SV's honor, came here on SV's behalf and seems incredibly offended on SV's behalf for no reason. I personally think they're lovers or something…

I've once again reached out to the mod authors, asking them to come here and offer their views about this drama.

So I see this thread is alive once again.:disappointed:

Please take the drama back to the Codex were it belongs.:roll:

Last edited:
Generally, it's not our place to get involved into someone else's online romance. I don't see the point of resurrecting this thread with yet another codexian "drama".
This is not codex and many of us don't care about what's happening there.

Celeritas Eos demo should be available by the end of next month. Full mod will come out when it's finished. Someone is not happy with it? Go make a mod yourself.

Definelty would be nice to have NWN modders with some input about their mod here.

I've once again reached out to the mod authors, asking them to come here and offer their views about this drama.

My view is that this drama is just trolling on the Codex's part which Grangokhan suggested above. Also, as you mentioned above, I had answered why there were no explicit sex scenes both on the moddb page for Celeritas Eos and here on RPG Watch itself last year. I also explained what the prostitution was: just as you're able to use it (which is the case in many role-playing games), you're also able to partake in it but it's not glorified and it's part of conveying the darker themes of the mod. That's all there is to it and it's an optional feature, one that most of your companions will also condemn you for. RPG's often have you go into a brothel and use the services there but I know of none that show you the opposite side, that's all that Celeritas Eos does also showing how poor women are forced into prostitution.

The Codex has been responsible for orchestrating personal attacks against employees of game companies in the past so this whole drama hardly surprises me. I just find it funny that they've stooped to attacking modders now just for "lulz" but it seems most people are ignoring them which is probably the best thing.

I appreciate all the support but I think we should go with the advice of Couchpotato and Joxer and that's forget about the Codex's trolling. Incidentally, if anyone who has the problem with the mod wants to have a serious discussion, then they're free to PM me on here or visit the moddb page. As it goes, I think we're simply being trolled so feel free to ignore anything else from the Codex in the future as it seems their only intention is in flame wars. I think you've been playing into their hands Ioal, they're not interested in real discussion so leave them be.

And yes, there will be a demo of Celeritas Eos released next month. The demo takes place in the main city of which there will be numerous quests to complete and lots to explore. I'm told it lasts for several hours by ABJECT_SELF who has been working on the mod for the past several months.

I don't think this thread should be locked or deleted though as it actually brought to my attention, some legitimate queries I've received from others which I have now answered in my first post on page 2 and here.

I think I'll create a separate thread here on CE. I'd love to hear what you all think of the mod once the demo releases and I'll be on hand for a day or two to answer any questions about the mod. So maybe we can get a proper discussion going soon. Cheers! :cool:

Last edited:
I think I'll create a separate thread here on CE. I'd love to hear what you all think of the mod once the demo releases and I'll be on hand for a day or two to answer any questions about the mod. So maybe we can get a proper discussion going soon. Cheers! :cool:
I look forward to your new thread. :nod:

Just be warned we have Codex members who will probably hijack it once again. Now with that being said I can't wait to play your mod next month.:)

I look forward to your new thread. :nod:

Just be warned we have Codex members who will probably hijack it once again. Now with that being said I can't wait to play your mod next month.:)

It's here:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061250809#post1061250809

Hopefully any Codex members who do visit, are interested in real genuine discussion of the mod. In any case, I hope everyone finds the thread adequate. It's a big mod with many features and I've done my best to explain most of the major stuff.

I hope the demo satisfies :) and be sure to visit the moddb page for more updates:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/celeritas-eos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom