Up to % 60 discount on all D&D games!!!

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Big discount on Gog.com. Don't miss this great discount until this weekend. :) Finally I've completed my collection with buying Demonstone and Dragonshard.

Geez, they really are milking the old Black Isle / Bioware titles for all they are worth.

I also hate these tiered sales, as I think their normal prices are just too high (seriously, 10$ for Dragonshard or Demon Stone?), so sales are the only reasonable option for me and these tiered sales in the recent months have really ruined their sales' appeal for me. I mean who wants to have a 30% discount on something that is already too highly priced at 6$ or 10$?

Ooh I hate this system too. 60% ? great ! wait, only if I buy them all. That is still 8$ if I just want to re-buy Baldur's Gate "disk two", the one I lost.

Oh hell as if I didn't have enough games already. I've been meaning to grab the Infinity Engine games so I can try them out with GemRB on my Android tablet but they almost never go on sale so I had to bite.

Part of me hopes that Bioware does not get much revenue out of sales of these old games because I really do loathe them now.

This would be a lot more tempting if they had the old D&D games. I'd like to give the Gold Box and Dark Sun games another shot.

Anyone have an opinion on Demonstone? It's the only modern D&D game I haven't played, but I've heard it's pretty awful. Is it really as simplistic and cliche as many people claim?

Anyone have an opinion on Demonstone? It's the only modern D&D game I haven't played, but I've heard it's pretty awful. Is it really as simplistic and cliche as many people claim?
It's total shite, wouldn't even poke it with a stick from a distance if I got paid for it. But chances are that you would like it anyway, so give it a try.

Sadly I already own all the D&D games they have on sale except Demonstone and DragonShard, so yeah been trying to get some feedback on those two myself.

Baldur's Gate II is still worth $49.99, that's all I gotta say! :)

Seriously, this is an awesome deal for those who haven't played these. Actually, I have most of these and may still pick them up so I can put them on my laptop and finally put my discs away.

I haven't played Dragon Shard or Demon Stone but guess I'm not missing anything.

I I think their normal prices are just too high

$10 is NOT too high for a game + near-full size expansion as you're getting with the Baldur's Gate games. That's ridiculous. These games are old but still extremely playable today.

$10 is NOT too high for a game + near-full size expansion as you're getting with the Baldur's Gate games. That's ridiculous. These games are old but still extremely playable today.

I agree. All of the games in that bundle, with the possible exception of Demonstone, are worth far more than $10 each.

I took off two of the games and the price was actually higher! May finally pull the trigger though and get BG, BG2, IWD and IWD2 so I have them digital. Curious if the BG2 on there includes the extra merchants that were in the 'collector's edition'. IIRC there was a mod that added them back in, but would be better to just have there in there.

I took off two of the games and the price was actually higher! May finally pull the trigger though and get BG, BG2, IWD and IWD2 so I have them digital. Curious if the BG2 on there includes the extra merchants that were in the 'collector's edition'. IIRC there was a mod that added them back in, but would be better to just have there in there.

I think it does add them in. Strangely, I found BG2 to be more playable now than it was when it came out. Of course, that might be because things have just become more… Biowarey since then.

While the games are worth more, they don't really cost more. You can get a collection of BG 1&2+expansions for just over the price of one of those games (when not on sale) on GOG. All it takes is a bit of looking around.

As for Dagonshard, if you think that a mix between Warcraft 3 & Battle for Middle earth sounds appealing, then Dragonshard might be for you. It is not an amazing RTS, but it is above average (I for one was never impressed by Warcraft 3, as I prefer larger battles and less skill micromanagement, so take that for what its worth).

Back
Top Bottom