Gothic 4 - Planned for Early 2010 ?

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
We´ve heard a couple of rumors about JoWooD´s / Spellbound´s upcoming fourth installment of the Gothic franchise:
  • Platforms: XBox360, PC
  • Release date: Q1/2010
  • Release secured in: Europe, North America
  • ... and more juicy stuff we want to check first. ;)
More information.

It's almost 2008. What were you expecting? Release at early 2009? C'mon you know better than that.

Too soon, the xbox version won't be ready that quick, oops I meant PC. ;)

2010? oook, well I guess there is something to look foreward to in 2010. As long as its not a buggy mess.

To me not PB = not Gothic.. but something interesting could still happen with it

Why are you surprised? Development of the game have probably only begun this year, after the PB/Jowood divorce, so it was bound to take a while before its release. At least, this means that the new designers are not rushing it, so hopefully G4 will be more stable.

Besides, this should give me enough time to get around to playing the third one. ;)

Gothblivion?

In 2010 the tech gap between the xbox360 and the PC is gonna be bigger! how do they plan to make it a multiplatform game?

Like everyone else: decide to grow the target audience. ;)

(This means use the XBox360 as lead platform and then port to the PC.)

No comment for now. Let´s just say that "rumor" was used to be on the safe side ...

oookk...

well....i'm not surprised......i saw the G4 cam video...and it's awesome....hope that the game will be way better than the ones before....hope G4's looks will overpass those of Project Offset...just take a look at that PRG!!!

Since Risen has been announced for October 2, 2009, I've been trying to find out some news about a possible release date for Gothic 4. The screenshots I've seen so far, look absolutely amazing.

Looking at the latest Risen screenshots, and the blog site, it has certainly started looking more interesting than it was looking a few months ago.

Now it just remains to be seen which of these two games are going to turn out a buggy mess...

*here's to hoping neither of them* :-/

Guys, you know you're posting in topic two years old, right?

What Gothic 4? The game is now Arcania 1. ;)

Guys, you know you're posting in topic two years old, right?
Heh - yeah, and it's also the only and most recent one that came up here when I searched for Gothic 4 release date... but the reason for the search result might well be...
What Gothic 4? The game is now Arcania 1. ;)
...although from what's been going around lately, that would probably end up being Arcania 4.... :p

Have you seen the videos? You might not be as enthusiastic about those... I know I wasn't.

Eep :S ....well, there is still a lot of time... :-/ *sweat* To be fair though - the only videos I've seen are from 2008. Do you know of more recent ones?

Back
Top Bottom