Fallout: New Vegas - Patch 1.4 Released for PS3 and PC

aries100

SasqWatch
I looked at the changelog and, after some of the previous patches, wasn't expecting anything too comprehensive. I was wrong, that's freaking huge. I don't think I've ever seen an Obsidian project have so many of the issues adressed (even if a bit late) by an official patch. Would be preferable if they could shake off their buggy release reputation by handling stuff like this say... during development but this is progress at least.

Nice..! Just came in after I'd bought the game in the Steam Summer Camp sale. I've been playing Fallout 2 over the last weeks, so it's nice to compare the two. I must say I like New Vegas better than I did FO3 so far. For some reason it 'fits' more in the Fallout universe. Dunno what it is.. maybe the writing? Or maybe it's because I've just planned a trip to the West-coast myself :)

Updated. It was a fairly heavy addition. I am happy Plasma Spaz was boosted since I saw no difference at all when it just gave -10%.

Updated. It was a fairly heavy addition.

How is stability in this one in conjunction with all the graphical mods you guys are using? (OJO BUENO,detailed normals, enhanced shaders etc)

I found that recent thread about F:NV mods and it seems that you and Skavenhorde at least, are using a boatload of texture and shader replacers. Are those stable with the latest patch ? What about fnv4gb ?

I usually don't mod good games in my first playthrough but I am not totally above graphics/atmosphere improvements if they do not clash with the developer's original vision (i.e. I played STALKER:CS with the Complete mod from the get go). I am tempted
to install all the mods you guys had mentioned if the game doesn't CTD every 1/2 hour because of them.

PS: Hmm probably should have posted this in the relevant thread…

Last edited:
How is stability in this one in conjunction with all the graphical mods you guys are using? (OJO BUENO,detailed normals, enhanced shaders etc)

Uneffected for me. I have a weird bug that freezes the game by itself when standing still for awhile (and sometimes on autosave), one I can't explain. It's similar to a ffdshow problem I had with Fallout 3 but the old trick didn't cure it this time. I am not certain this is due to mods though. I might have tweaked the game too far.

I found that recent thread about F:NV mods and it seems that you and Skavenhorde at least, are using a boatload of texture and shader replacers. Are those stable with the latest patch ? What about fnv4gb ?

No change. I had to wait for an afternoon for a NVSE update though.

Great, thanks JemyM.

All those area optimizations in the change log got me thinking...

It seems like this patch was only justified within the company as part of the DLC and thus it's not regular patch support. :( Could blame the accountants or upper management, not sure which.

Is this the patch that removes all the invisible walls outdoors limiting sneaking and combat tactics? Sorry to bitch, just piling on with the prevailing negativity while contributing something new.

Great, thanks JemyM.

All those area optimizations in the change log got me thinking…

I verified now that it's none of my visual mods that is crashing. Instead it might be one of the companion mods. I ran around 15 minutes without a crash after disabling all the companion stuff. Usually the game crashes when idling for a moment. Note that I had this issue prior to the patch as well.

Are you complaining about what reads to be a free fantastic comprehensive patch? Maybe it's time to get your head examined…

I didn't see it as a complaint. Great patch indeed. I'm just pointing out how it seems to have come about as part of the DLC and not regular patch support. Maybe it's time for you to STFU.

Where does it say it was only justified to support the DLC? That seems like a small part of the patch. One could just as easily claim that previous DLC sales paid for the patch, without which there would be no patch... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom