New Wizardry 8 Mod

Thanks for the response. I have since fixed the problem. I found the solution on another board. What I did was copy and paste the data and level mods into the original Wiz. 8 folders. The game works fine when the new data is added in that fashion.
dhalgren17

Lana the Great has turned hostile to me. I have no idea why. I didn't attack her. No other NPCs are hostile to me. Any ideas why? Any possible in-game solution or hex edit?

er.....why can't they be answered here, in spoiler tags if necessary?

Because some will use tags and others won't and also responses to tagged spoilers will contain yet more spoilers then GG and others who have not played the mod yet will shout at us.

I don't allow shouting in these forums!! :)

Gidday, wondering if you are working on a new mod for Wiz8 Dodd or updating your current one?

cheers

I am still toying with the idea of a Version 3.0, but the idea i have in mind is so big that i currently have no desire to tackle it.
It would far exceed anything i have done up to now and make the overall game pretty huge.

Hello:
I have another problem. I've made it to the Rapax Courtyard and when I try to enter the game crashes. Says that there is some type of debug error. Any ideas?
dhalgren17

Yes. It happens a lot. Somehow a file that does not belong gets generated into the Rapax levels folder. It's a mystery how, but easily resolved.
Go to your Sirtech\Wizardry8\Levels\Rapax folder and delete from the Rapax folder a file called "Rapaxexterior.sts"

That will solve the problem.

I have an interesting problem. I bought a new computer and loaded Wizardry 8. Then I transferred in the Dodd mod. I also transferred in my saved games. Everything was going good till I decided to tackle the cemetery dungeon. I'm level 20 by the way, and was hoping to not start over. Anyway I have my keys and all but the places with the potions have disappeared. The one on Arnika road was gone so I checked in the wilderness and the friendly Hogar is standing there but no building there either. Am I going to have to start over from the beginning?
dhalgren17

If you placed a Vanilla saved game into my mod then i is not compatible. I am surprised you were even able to play the game at all if this was the case.

I didn't load a vanilla save. I loaded the modded saves from the one computer to the other via a flash drive. Since then I gave up on the saved games and started a new game. It's been an interesting combination of your mod and the old vanilla game. I guess I'll have to get rid of the save games and try again, maybe even delete everything and start over on the new computer. Thanks for the response though.
dhalgren17

Shantillo Problems

The game keeps crashing when I am taking the ship to save Shantillo. It keeps saying the the .mls file has an unrecognized part in it...

Anyway, if someone could please tell me how to fix this, or else send me a copy of a correct .mls code for Shantillo, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you. It is a great mod, by the way.

Hijacking thread for a related question.

Is there an "essential mod package" of some sort similar to the unofficial Bloodlines patch or BG1TuTu that makes Wizardry 8 better or more complete? Or is this (DoddTheSlayer) it?

You MUST get the Wizfast utility. That speeds up combat animations and will protect your sanity (this coming from a bona fide Wiz8 fanboi).

You want to be patched to v1.2.4.

You do not need any mod packages. Flamestryke and Dodd both did excellent mods that added content and did a little balancing, but you're actually better off to play a few times in "nearly vanilla" in order to better appreciate what they've added (IMO).

Agreed. Wizfast and the patches must be installed. Before Wizfast was made the bigger battles became very annoying very fast while you waited for everyone to move. Especially in Trinton.

The mods like Flame's or Dodd's are good, but change the game in big ways. It's better to play the game as it is first.

Flamestryke's and wolfie's (backup) sites have a lot of mods you can look over. I believe the only mod that is missing from those sites is Dodd's mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom