Deus Ex 3 - To be Multi-Platform?

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Deus Ex 3 looks to be heading to XBOX 360 and PS3 to be "very attractive and accessible to a wider audience." Not that that is too much of a surprise.
Deus Ex 3 has only been announced for the PC so far. However, new evidence suggests it will be released for consoles as well.

A production manager for Eidos Montreal lists the game as "Deus Ex 3 - Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC" on his LinkedIn profile. The same platforms are also mentioned in a senior software engineer's profile. The LinkedIn page of a production coordinator who started working at Eidos last month says the same, which seems to rule out the possibility that console iterations were cancelled along the way.

Eidos Montreal boss Stephane D'Astous stated in a recent interview that they wanted to make DX3 and "very attractive and accessible to a wider audience." That would seem to suggest these games are multiplatform. Still, they're being coy for now.
More information.

which seems to rule out the possibility that console iterations were canceled along the way.

But doesn't rule out the possibility that the PC version might be canceled along the way.

Yeah, no surprises there.

JemyM said:
But doesn't rule out the possibility that the PC version might be canceled along the way.

They… they wouldn't…! D:

Bedwyr said:
Long as there's no unified ammo.

Word. And all the other elements that made DX2 so frustratingly mediocre.

The thing I love about "The Watch" the most is that people never jumps to any conclusions...

The thing I love about "The Watch" the most is that people never jumps to any conclusions…

Wait, what was that? Did my sarcasm meter just go ape-shit on me? ;)

Yeah, don´t believe the hype.
The final product will be totally totally inaccessible I´m sure.

Hoping for confirmation of this at GDC, 3/9 - 3/12.

The thing I love about "The Watch" the most is that people never jumps to any conclusions…

It's a natural defense mechanism - based on having our gamer-hearts broken beyond repair by the modern gaming industry.

Look at it this way - it can't possibly be worse than Invisible War…… right? :thinking:
Worse than what? Never heared of this "Invisible War" stuff.

You sound just like those people who keep talking about "Alien 4" and "Robocop 3", while it's a well known fact that those were never made.

foilhatcg3.gif

Last edited:
Look at it this way - it can't possibly be worse than Invisible War…… right? :thinking:

I wish I had your romantic relationship with reality.

"very attractive and accessible to a wider audience."

People loved the first game because it was not dumbed down shit like the sequal.

Back
Top Bottom