Gothic Is Gomez invincible? gothic 1.

Gomez is immortal until chapter-4 when you're banned from the old camp.

Hi Wulf!

BTW, thanks for anwering my other question about Baal Isidroh's quest the other day.

I'm puzzled about Gomez. I'm about to enter the Sleeper's temple and want to level up the most I can. I'm killing everything in the realm but Gomez is invulnerable to my attacks (magical ones and physical also...).

I must be in chap. 4 Anyway. I don't mind not beeing able to kill the bugger. He scares me...

Hello enodenroH.

Chapter-4 is enabled when you ask Saturas "shall we blow the ore-mound now" then a black background graphic which reads 'Xardas' appears, this is followed by the Diego and Milten waiting near the old camp gates routine. The storyline method of removing F=2 flags (immortality) is to follow the sequence where you find the red coloured 'transport to old camp' rune in Xardas's old sunken tower, all characters are then 'killable' .
All of this happens after you have retieved the strange sword from the sleepers temple back to Xardas for examination.

Actually, you get to kill him in Chapter 5 after retrieving the sword you just described Wulf, not in Chapter 4 before you even meet Xardas.

By the way, you do not finish the game the first time you enter the temple of the Sleeper, so just check back on him later, you still have quite a bit to do. :)

Actually, you get to kill him in Chapter 5 after retrieving the sword you just described Wulf, not in Chapter 4 before you even meet Xardas.

By the way, you do not finish the game the first time you enter the temple of the Sleeper, so just check back on him later, you still have quite a bit to do. :)

Hello you guys!

I finished the game once before last year. Just playing it again because my computer cant play oblivion nor dmomm and gothic 3... Anyway...

The sword you're speaking of is Uriziel right???

Again, i think im in chap 5. I know for sure I'm in a least the 4th one. I have the ulu mulu... I just want to level up to the max before i enter the sleepers' temple. Nothing can resist my wrath but that darned gomez can... and thorus also. I m not sure its the right name but it sounds like that.

Im leveling up because i remember not beeing able to get out of it afterwards. We get stuck in there right???

Thats right, i was forgetting, chapter-5 is when Gomez can be killed and Thorus too, guess i've played G1 too often. :)

You can teleport out of the sleepers temple anytime (at the entrance area) using the other teleportation runes. The "strange sword" is before Xardas identifies it and "uriziel" afterwards.

PS: a tranform to meatbug is handy to have, gets you under the temple gate without the lever actuated...!

Power trippin' before the temple...

Thats right, i was forgetting, chapter-5 is when Gomez can be killed and Thorus too, guess i've played G1 too often. :)

You can teleport out of the sleepers temple anytime (at the entrance area) using the other teleportation runes. The "strange sword" is before Xardas identifies it and "uriziel" afterwards.

PS: a tranform to meatbug is handy to have, gets you under the temple gate without the lever activated...!

All right you guys. I shall enter the temple. I guess it will activate the script that will enable me to kill those 2 characters. Im taking it personnally with those 2 since they effortlessly killed me so many times...

Its good to know that I can get out the temple because in my other game i had 100 unused skill points left at the end. I didnt need but now im having a power trip!!!

SPOILER WARNING:
I think the activation happens when you bring the "strange sword" to Xardas and he identifies it as Uriziel. He will then give you a key to a chest in his old tower and tell you to look for the Ore Armor there(best armor in the game) - in that chest is also a teleportation stone to the monastery in the old camp. Use that stone, get into the castle, and then you will be able to kill Gomez without any doubt.

Just do the temple for now as far as you can. At some point you will get a message that you can't defeat this undead fellow without a super weapon - that's the queue to leave and visit Xardas again.

SPOILER WARNING:
I think the activation happens when you bring the "strange sword" to Xardas and he identifies it as Uriziel. He will then give you a key to a chest in his old tower and tell you to look for the Ore Armor there(best armor in the game) - in that chest is also a teleportation stone to the monastery in the old camp. Use that stone, get into the castle, and then you will be able to kill Gomez without any doubt.

Just do the temple for now as far as you can. At some point you will get a message that you can't defeat this undead fellow without a super weapon - that's the queue to leave and visit Xardas again.

All right.

You've answered another question i was about to ask. Where the key to the ore armor was that is. Now I remember.

Very well. I'm off to the temple and I shall wreak havoc once more... :)

Thanks for the help.

The old camp is no more...

Well that's it folks.

They're all dead. Very easely disposed of.
I was in chap 5 when i tried killing them the 1rst time.

When I came back, in the sixth chapter, used the firemage rune and entered their dominion, they were no match for me...

Gomez was killed with a few blows and so were Thorus and all those who had the guts to attack me.

Well, talk to you guys later.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the rest of the series assumes you didn't teleport into the Old Camp and waste Gomez, Thorus, Raven and the lot of 'em.

@Arexen, that is correct.

That is the gothic true storyline answer, many players seem intent on killing - getting their revenge, yet the recipe-book-1 is an in-game hint ignored by many players...."bitterness and wisdom" are mutual opposites, even Diego advises to keep away as the guards will attack. But players will be players. The transport to old camp rune was a ploy of Xardas, for pc-hero to fall into the trap.

Last edited:
It never bothered me a whole lot that they allowed us to kill virtually everyone, but still brought them back in Gothic 2 - it bothered me a lot more that GDI is always the winner in the C&C games, despite Nod being equal to GDI in terms of gameplay and importance in the campaign.

A strange thing in Gothic is that Gomez is assumed dead, but Raven and Thorus got out.. how? If you do go back in, you'll most likely waste them all.

A strange thing in Gothic is that Gomez is assumed dead, but Raven and Thorus got out.. how? If you do go back in, you'll most likely waste them all.
I did waste Raven, but as I really liked Thorus, I spared him. I guess the PB folks liked him just as much. As for Raven, however... *shrugs*

Hmm, I actually find myself sparing Thorus from time to time as well, but I kill all the ore barons.

I honestly think PB made the right choice regarding the whole "butcher the old camp" thing, as it's more of a cool thing to do to make you feel powerful, than something fitting into the story, just like you CAN kill all the orcs outside the castle in G2, but the story proceeds as if you didn't.

Yes, but there is no storyline insistance that you must kill the old camp inhabitants, yet there is strong suggestion and implication to 'not-kill' as previously mentioned.

If you could casually kill all the orcs at will, then there would be no need for the ulu-mulu...which co-incidentally IS within the gothic storyline and diametrically opposed if you see the point, kind of good- v - evil......and you are the holy foe......which is strongly hinted in so many ways without appearing as actual.

orc killing near the sleepers' temple...

If you could casually kill all the orcs at will, then there would be no need for the ulu-mulu...which co-incidentally IS within the gothic storyline and diametrically opposed if you see the point, kind of good- v - evil......and you are the holy foe......which is strongly hinted in so many ways without appearing as actual.

Well, I did casually kill them all. That's why, in my first attempt at the game, I couldn't understand why i had to get the necklace.

I climbed the mountain off the path to the right, where there where bitters and a shadow beast, not too far away from the village's entrance and shot them all to death with my arrows... Only those that were at the temple's entrance had to be disposed by melee.

I did it again the second time. Level raising I tell you. I'm sure I'm not the only one who did this.

Yes, i have done this "back-way-in" many times, you can even get into the temple, retrieve the strange sword, and get back out again without getting killed, and with no cheating, and all in chapter-1 if you wish, but the triggers will not enable for the storyline progression. It doesn't spoil, it just holds them till later and even through the chapter changes.

Back
Top Bottom