The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

During the 5+ hour drive to and from Detroit, I got quite a bit of listening done. Some really solid tunes, indeed, but the only cd I played twice was from:
Thee Heavenly Music Association

Hm, followed that link, dte, and enjoyed some of their tracks that were available there. I got a couple more on Pandora, which were also quite good.

Glad you're enjoying it. The 2 best songs on the cd, "trip seat" and "say something" aren't even on their MySpace page, yet the page still makes for a good listen. I think their cover of Kate Bush is extremely well done.

The 2 best songs on the cd, "trip seat" and "say something"

I heard exactly these two songs on Pandora*, and I think I liked them most. I didn't like that Kate Bush song much, though.

*Pandora, which - surprise, surprise! - from now on, cannot be used by people located outside of the US. Yay. :thumbsdown:

First they fix my station change exploit, and now this?

I was digging through my albums looking for a nice Ahmad Jamal thing that I hadn't listened to in years - and came across 'Brand X - Unorthodox Behaviour', a nice 1976 fusion record. Another one I haven't heard since the tape died probably 15 years ago ... digitized it up and digging it now ... nice to relive some cool old stuff! Not earth-shattering, just solid stuff.

Rocking out just a touch...
"Clipped" by Curve

How about some Punjabi Bhangra?
Magerette made me do it (post it, I mean... not listen to it).

sweet!
That's almost as funny as some chinese gangster rap vid I saw the other day.

Ive got some nice moving gifs of Punjabi Bhangra somewhere, I knew he was some sort of eastern pop star, but was wondering who he was.

The musical category is Punjabi Bhangra - the guy is Daler Mehndi, and the song is Tunak Tunak Tun :). That video made me happy when I saw it for the first time back in... well, when my niece was still a small child.

You're right, Jaz, I'm looking for a noose. The little dance at 1:10 (right before the fireballs) pushed me right over the edge for some reason. I thought it was going to be OK at the first-I can deal with eastern "wailing" music in very small doses, but then it turned into something else.

A guy I work with has his own home studio. Surprisingly good stuff for a DIY guy.
Dewayne Dobson

Indie with a healthy dose of Sarah sound. Great shtuff!
"Three" by Hope Chest

A guy I work with has his own home studio. Surprisingly good stuff for a DIY guy.
Dewayne Dobson

I liked the base in "say my name" and "seasons" was a good one as well. I thought "Three" was the only good one in the list.

@ Jaz, please don't do that again. :lol:
@ abbaon I may not recover from that one. ;)

i just watched it again. It's strangely hypnotic the second go-round. The guy has such a good-natured countenance, and there's several of him. It's hard for me not to chuckle watching it. He's like an eastern teletubby bear type thing. I'm starting to envision several tigers of different colors bopping around, bursting forth from explosions, etc

I aint tappin my paw, more staring in awe. I need to send this around to people at work. I need to find the file tho, I dont like the stretching, I want to see it in clarity

here's the wiki-page on him -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daler_Mehndi

Here's another crazy one, tho not him. Dig the ultra-high pitched female vox on that, far out. Suprisingly hot dame in there too, wondering who she is. Like to see more

Nice! I have a few bollywood flix, but they tend to not be the mainstream ones featured in this clip

here's the indian version of Thriller -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0&mode=related&search=

Last edited:
Thank you Sammy, this just made me hop around... I love movies where people suddenly start to sing and dance, so I tend to enjoy Bollywood stuff :). Nice vids!
At work I usually listen to a Dark webradio station in the morning and to Bollywood webradio in the afternoon - listening to just one of these stations for a whole day would probably kill me. I can bear only so many bad or good vibes a day...

Back
Top Bottom