Dungeon Kingdom - Next Indiegogo Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
So it's been another week and Dungeon Kingdom has earned €1,458 of the €9,000 goal with 18 days left. The developer also posted a few short updates.

Today i'll show you a screenshot showing a special version of Dungeon Kingdom: the Virtual Reality headset "Oculus Rift" verions:

20140916052649-CaptureOcculus000_small.jpg

The 3D feeling when moving in Dungeon Kingdom world with an oculus rift Virtual Reality Headset is fantastic ! Note that the version for oculus has some gameplay changes: while you still play a team, you won't have to care about your heroes to fight, they'll handle it themselves, make it easier to play.
More information.

Last edited:
This looks so promising! I can't believe it's only at about 1500 euros though.

Hello all.

Thanks for your support.
Indeed, it's very hard to reach players without major press relay :(
We are preparing a trailer with the new environments, and we'll repost everywhere...We hope it will help :)

We are so excited about showing the trailer...^^

I have to say, playing a dungeon crawler in 3D with a VR headset sounds pretty appealing...

It's not that I don't appreciate VR support in a game like this, but I hope they're not using it as some kind of marketing ploy. Because the actual amount of people out there with their hands on VR is TINY.

That would be a very, very unwise use of resources, and it's not exactly trivial to do a good VR implementation.

It's not that I don't appreciate VR support in a game like this, but I hope they're not using it as some kind of marketing ploy. Because the actual amount of people out there with their hands on VR is TINY.
That would be a very, very unwise use of resources, and it's not exactly trivial to do a good VR implementation.

Actually the VR version has been one of the earliest port that was tested. That's said, VR version is a real "port", unlike mobile version whiches are similar to the desktop version. The VR version has some adjustments about the gameplay, you can't handle so much GUI in a VR headset device. However the levels & environments are the same. I don't know if you tried an Oculus device before, but to own one, and enjoy playing with it, it's an awesome device, and the 3D feeling and immersion are so great ! Having a chance to play a RPG with this device is something, with a player point of view, i would like very much. feel free to reach my FB and check my past VR tests, so you can check we really made some tests about the VR devices and are VR enthusiasts for a while.

Our goal has always been to release the game on many platforms...

Then why wouldn't you use kickstarter?

Kickstarter is not easy to use for European devs (and users, too).

Then why wouldn't you use kickstarter?
I agree but every time I hear this question I as myself why. It's just like asking why do I prefer buying every PC game on Steam. It's an interesting thought.

Anyway from what I gather the developer lives in a country where Kickstarter can't be used easily. Sure they can set-up a dummy corporation like the others do.

It's just not worth it sometimes.
smiley-think005.gif

I agree but every time I hear this question I as myself why. It's just like asking why do I prefer buying every PC game on Steam. It's an interesting thought.

Anyway from what I gather the developer lives in a country where Kickstarter can't be used easily. Sure they can set-up a dummy corporation like the others do.

It's just not worth it sometimes.
smiley-think005.gif

I guess...but in this case and others I think it is the difference from making your money and not....just such a large amount of people on kickstarter compared to indiegogo.

I guess…but in this case and others I think it is the difference from making your money and not….just such a large amount of people on kickstarter compared to indiegogo.
As I said in my post above I agree with you, and I said it before in other threads. Now before I forget congratulations on returning from your long hiatus.:celebrate:

As I said in my post above I agree with you, and I said it before in other threads. Now before I forget congratulations on returning from your long hiatus.:celebrate:

Thanks...not sure I made a post before I left...only reason was the deployment had limited internet access...and very close to zero game sites:p

Hello all,

After some discussions with indiegogo staff, we were authautized to extended the crowdfunding campaign duration. We have two more weeks, and we are working hard to prepare a new trailer with the new environments and spread it !

Back
Top Bottom