Broken Sword 1 Director's Cut - only on Wii and DS

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
I had heard about the Broken Sword DS game, definitely interested there. Too bad they skipped the PC, that is a waste!

As for the Wii, we were playing some of 'Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None' last week as a family, and it works fairly well.

I've got the 3 games, not the 4th yet.

The reason all these cheap adventures are ported to Nintendo consoles is that the huge installed base ensures the risk is minimal. "Throw shit at the wall" principle. Some of it will stick. Even 100k might be enough to reach the break even.
If they were clever they negotiated a clause into their contract with Ubi that the rights for other platforms fall back to them after a certain time, say 6 months, if the publisher doesn't take action to release the game for it.
It's possible they are not allowed to talk about it yet if such a clause exists.

The reason all these cheap adventures are ported to Nintendo consoles is that the huge installed base ensures the risk is minimal. "Throw shit at the wall" principle. Some of it will stick. Even 100k might be enough to reach the break even.

Thing is, the DS is becoming *the* place for adventure games. Hotel Dusk sold nearly 400k, Trace memory ~250k. Ad those are original IP's that appeal to a core adventure game audience, not the 'shovelware' you might expect.

Thing is, the DS is becoming *the* place for adventure games. Hotel Dusk sold nearly 400k, Trace memory ~250k. Ad those are original IP's that appeal to a core adventure game audience, not the 'shovelware' you might expect.

Yes, I fear so as well. Because I wouldn't want to play all of my favourite coming adventures on that platform.

I don't like the thought of everything going to *any* platform - I appreciate the diversity I get with my gaming, and would hate to see it go away. But I'd rather see them on the DS than not at all.

From my point of view of course - never owned a console and still don't plan to - having all I like on the PC platform would be a pro. ;)

From my point of view of course - never owned a console and still don't plan to - having all I like on the PC platform would be a pro. ;)

Given that I favor the PC I agree - but also knowing that games like 'Hotel Dusk' were essentially 'dead', getting them *at all* is a good thing. There is no way they'd come to the 'next gen' consoles, and certainly not in a way that is true to the original point & click genre, so this is about as good as it gets ...

Back
Top Bottom