Kotaku says Prey2 is not on ice

After Dishonored I guess "spiritual successor" will mean something along the lines of another Bioshock type game only less truer to System Shock.

Seems like they're using System Shock to generate more hype for what will not remotely resemble it in anyway.

Also, why call this game Prey 2? It clearly has nothing to do with the original...

Grangokhan I dunno what is it called Prey2, that's something we'll find out probably soon when Bethesda decides it's time to announce it.
But also you should know that not only I didn't play Bioshock - I'll never buy/play any of it's sequels/DLC/seasonpasses. So if Prey2, when announced, will be described as Bioshock 1, 2 or 3 clone instead of SystemShock 1 or 2 (spiritual) successor, I won't buy it.

I didn't like Bioshock 1 much anyway.

All these games coming out of this type calling themselves "spiritual successors" are rather watered down to the originals to appeal to the CoD type gamer.

That's a good thing imo. Prey was decent by shooter standards, but it was hardly anything memorable.

True, I'm just wondering why they're keeping the name. Probably marketing. Prey 1 was called an amazing game even though it wasn't that great.

That's simple : It's called "brand recognition" in marketing.

They want to generate even mere interest ("potential customers") from the brand name alone, even if it has nothing to do with the original.

Dishonored was a decent game - if not as good as I was expecting.

Even a remote chance of getting a game that's more Shock than Bioshock excites me.

Here's hoping…..

Back
Top Bottom