Divinity: Original Sin - Update 1.0.53 Released

As far as looting, it seems that is the way of the world in this game to get some funds. I am also doing the reload thing for locked chests.
It's the result of the nonhandplaced loot design. Generally it'd be okay - if legendary (yellow) items were not included in the process. But they are!
And it's not just containers. Traders and special NPCs (Jake the Zombie for example) also randomize items on reload.
That's one design choice I simply don't like.

I played it again for short time and any long loading problems I had are gone.Loads are around a minute(with only 3GB of RAM that is as good as I will get) maybe less and qucksave takes few seconds so it's nice to see that sorted out.

I have the long loading times issue. I have to admit that my computer is old and that I only have 2 gb of ram, yet the auto settings put me at medium. I noticed that when loading a game, it gets stuck on this "Cyseal" part, which takes several minutes. With quicksaves, only the 1st attempt takes long, the others only several seconds.

When looking at the overall graphics and the minimum requirements, I expected to be able to run DOS with no major problems, even if on medium or low settings. I'm going to get more ram but I'm not sure if this is really the issue. I was planning to quit soon, so who knows when I can get a decent computer. Just the idea of missing such an RPG is painful.

I often get the case that the game simply stops responding while loading or saving. I just got an "saving" screen a few minutes ago - no HD activity, nothing … but I was easily able to switch the game off via ALT + F4. The normal state is that it loads after that without any problems.

I need to look whether I've got too much background processes running, though.

Update : I just wanted to load that savegame I had tried to save a few minutes ago - it doesn't even exist !

Oh my, 1 hour of play lost … :( This really makes me quit the game for the next hour … :(

Update : Seems that I was just impatient ( no wonders with thjis game ! :D ) and should have given the game more time for saving - it saves & loads normally now (yesterday, at least) …

Edit : 1.0.57 is out :

I didn't have any bugs at all - apart from some dialog entries being in English language than in German language - and the almost usual crashes during loading and saving.

I fear that I got an corrupted savegame yesterday because of that (I have already sent this savegame to the Larian support, for investigation).

I suspect that cvrashes can influence the game' cacjhe or/and the profile's cache also - probably resulting in perhaps *all* savegames not being loadable anymore of the cache iotself gets corrupted … Deleting the global & proile cache files didn't help : The game protested that it couldn't load *anything* , then …

It's a rare case, I fully admit it, but it's nevertheless nasty …

Fixed crash while saving during a SurfaceGrowAction (this should fix any issues with crashing when going into the tunnel under the graveyard in Cyseal for example)

Ha ! They fixed my crash !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom