The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Night Revels (Mabar) Items

No new augments with Mabar. Looks like just the Festive Wisdom & Intelligence diamonds again. There is a docent version of the Robe of Shadow, which I think is new, & some other minor items. Not sure it's worth running unless you need the augments.

I have to do a quick taxi run just before our session, so I may, or may not be a few minutes late, but I do plan to be there!!

More broken monk stuff

More broken Monk stuff - looks like you lose all your DR breakers when you transition:
(Vorpal Strike Not Working

Vorpal Strike is a bit of a mysterious one at the moment. I've not at the time to fully test it out but I have bugged it into the Dev's Bug Report with what I've seen and tested so far:

1. Vorpal Strike correctly applies the Slashing property to Handwraps.
2. It does not provide you any Vorpal capability however (Rolls of 20 just produce a crit)
3. During transitioning and some resting (unsure on which or both or more, as I've not had time), your "hands" become reset to a basic magic, bludgeon DR breaking of the basic Hand Wrap design. ie. You lose all properties that would let you bypass any other form of DR. Swapping Hand Wraps will resolve this until the next time it "resets" again. Personally, I'd just repeat at the moment every time I transition or rest until it's been examined more closely by someone.

The likelihood was you lost all the effects (Good, Slashing, Silver, etc) when you went through and only was hitting with a basic enchanted club, rather than the leathal weapons that they should be.

J1NG

:: edit ::

Nevermind, I've just confirmed what I've written here with a quick test. VoN3, on entry, lose all Unarmed Silver, Cold Iron, etc from Monk and Shintao. Chaning Handwraps restores all missing effects. On Resting or Transitioning, the Hand Wraps will revert to their unequipped weapon types (Bludgeon, with Magic, Good, etc that are on the Hand Wraps already, every other weapon type for DR bypass else is stripped from you).

So the "fix" for now would be to change Hand Wraps or to unequip and re-equip. Although lets be honest, you can't be running around with just one pair of wraps. I've always had a couple to swap around into.

Druid & Arty Dog Collars Also Broken :(

Well, they not only broke handwraps, they broke druid & arty dog collars as well:

So now that handwraps are an exotic weapon when will arty dogs and druid wolves get the feat that removes the penalty to use what is the ONLY weapon they can use in the game? Our pets have pitiful DPS compared to fighters as it is and despite using monk weapons converted are not considered monks.

Doggy Collars are Now Considered Exotic Weapons

Patch coming out today - Update before Friday

Be aware there is a hot-fix patch coming out today (worlds are currently down).
Update 33 Patch 1 Release Notes

Note that there are a bunch of monk-related items, but while they've fixed the DR on zoning problem, they haven't fixed the crit multiplier issue nor the attack distance issue (you have to get much, much closer to actually do damage). Those are supposed to be showing up in a future patch. They also fixed the doggie collars. Dogs are now handwrap proficient. And they backed down on handwraps taking durability damage (there were lots of screams about that). Not sure what that means with respect to oozes, but hopefully oozes won't break our handwraps any more.

Auction House

Handwraps can once again be purchased on the Auction Houses. They are now located under Exotic Weapons.

Classes

Monk Damage Reduction on handwraps will no longer disappear after zoning or resting.
Favored Soul enhancement "Ascendancy" multi-selector options for the new deities all may target the correct target types now instead of "Self, Friend, or Undead".

Items

Handwraps no longer take durability damage.
The Draught of Midnight works properly again.
Fixed a crashing issue with missile weapons.
Pet collars now properly apply on-hit effects.
Artificer Iron Defender and Druid Wolf Companions are now proficient with handwraps (to allow them to properly use collars).
The Reaper's Helm now displays properly on warforged and Bladeforged.
"Death's Smile" cosmetic helm flavor text is no longer grammatically incorrect.

Monsters

Headless zombies no longer drop treasure bags.
Red and Purple named enemies can no longer erroneously spawn as Champions.

Quests and other Adventure Areas

Getting Ahead in Lordsmarch Plaza no longer has erroneous dungeon event text.
It is no longer possible to close a secret door in Getting Ahead in Lordsmarch Plaza that then prevents quest completion.

Sales & Stuff

I expect to be there tonight. Sales this week include:

• 25% off many stat tomes
  • 25% Guild Renown Elixirs
  • +20 Hearts of Wood are available (not on sale)

Also, they're advertising Bonus Days: "Challenge Boost: 30%". Not sure if that's mats or xp or something else.

New Cannith Crafting Planner App

The guy who developed the very nice Character Builder Light app has come up with one for the new Cannith Crafting, "Cannith Crafting Builder Lite". It even tells you where to find the collectibles you need. I haven't tried it yet, but based on the screen shots, it looks pretty nice. See link below.

Cannith Crafting Builder Lite

Mysterious Remnants Bonus Week & Vendor has flasks etc.

"DDO Bonus Days bring you a Double Mysterious Remnants boost, now through November 6th! This provides twice the chance for Mysterious Remnants to drop when a Champion is defeated.

Also, find Flasks and Augments with the Mysterious Remnants Vendor in the Hall of Heroes, now through November 9th!"

Store Sales

Store sales this week include shared bank storage, character bank upgrades, plat storage, & storage bags (not sure which one, haven't been in game yet today).

The holder of the book will be MIA today. So we run on alts today it looks like.

If we're running alts I may not play for long as I have a zillion other things I need to be doing right now. I will be there for awhile however!! :)

Installed Stormreaver Memorial IV & Upgraded It

Since we have hit guild level 140, I have replaced the the general vendor / pawnshops with the Stormreaver Memorial IV, which ups the guild bonus to electric absorption from 10% to 15%. Upgrades were plat, so it was easy. Once we hit level 150 I'll install the Grand Reliquary IV (I have the deed) which will eliminate the need for the four small shrines & we can put back the general vendor.

Why on earth would we need to do that? All I did was swap out the general vendor (which I don't think anyone is using) for the higher rated electric shrine. The tavern is still there, all the buffs are still there, etc., etc. The general vendor wasn't even installed till we got the new ship a few months ago.

Because of the election of Trump, I believe our game begins an hour later today, at least for Peter and myself!! :)

The tavern does not sell spell components & misc, which the general vendor does. But you can still get spell components on the second deck at the divine & arcane vendors. The general vendor also has pawn brokers, but I doubt many of us use them.

It was the only way to add the buffs and not take any other buff away. We can live with it for sure. No worries.

Now on to other matters…..we discussed starting a second lowbie Friday group for when regulars are missing. Many of us want a break from epics but soloing is not always fun for low levels. This lets us do that but keep the integrity of the current Fridays.

I think we all agreed we have a toon or will have one that we can TR. Only one group member was not available for the discussion. So once we catch up to that member, make sure they have a toon to tr….someone can post the green light here and we sort out the details. One person I know is not ready to TR but will be in a week or two.

This new group will be loose. Come and go. Not everyone has to be on to run. I would say we only run them on Friday myself, unless playing catch up. Lets keep them within the 3 level range of each other. Not going to worry about bravery bonus on these.

Let's not worry about classes. Bring who ever…the idea is fun you see. lol

Back
Top Bottom