Two Worlds II - System Requirements

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The German Two Worlds II site has announced the PC system requirements. The excerpt is German, of course, but easy to read:
Minimale Systemvorraussetzung:
- Intel oder AMD Single-Core Prozessor (2,0 GHz)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB bei Windows Vista und 7)
- Windows XP, Snow Leopard
- Radeon HD, Geforce 8800GT (Shader 3.0 und 512 MB RAM)
- Maus, Tastatur, DVD-Laufwerk, Soundkarte
- Internetverbindung für Multiplayer
- DirectX 9.0c oder OpenGL
- 8 GB Festplattenspeicher
Empfohlene Konfiguration:
- Intel oder AMD Multi-Core CPU (2,6 GHz)
- 4 GB Ram
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Snow Leopard
- Radeon HD 2900, Geforce 8800 GTX
- Maus, Tastatur, DVD-Laufwerk, 5.1-Soundkarte
- Internetverbindung mit 6.000 BPS für Multiplayer
- 8 GB Festplattenspeicher
More information.

Festplattenspeicher. heh heh. That's just a cool word.

Reality Pump always had talented programmers.
Even a decade ago in 2000, Earth 2150 was best looking RTS back then, and at the same time it was greatly optimised, so it could run on mid-range PCs.

It's quite strange that they didn't stick to RTS genre, they were pretty good at making them (Earth 21x0 series, KnightShift). Instead they are making pretty weak RPGs.

Perhaps they were simply bored, doing the same genre over and over again ? ;)

That's quite a jump in RAM usage between what I assume are minimum and recommended, but a relatively tiny jump in GPU/CPU requirements.

Very surprising, though, I'd have expected higher.

It's quite strange that they didn't stick to RTS genre, they were pretty good at making them (Earth 21x0 series, KnightShift). Instead they are making pretty weak RPGs.

I read in one of the interviews that that was exactly the reason :) Dymek, RP's CEO said something like they would have gone crazy if they had decided to make another RTS :) As for Two Worlds I, there were some good parts in that game. And the bad parts? Having not enough time might have been the reason for them. TWII has been in development for about 3 years, so this time finally we'll know if RP "makes pretty weak RPGs."

Earth 2150 was my first favourite game ever. Recently I've played Earth 2160 and, besides mediocre, very typical storyline, weak acting and cutscenes (although 4 years old) game was superb :) I can see now, that guys at RP are really good at technical stuff, like interface. There's been a bunch of solutions in both TW and E2160 that appeared to be extremely useful.

Also, it was confirmed, that the next Earth game would show up after 2012. So, this may be their next title :)

I think it has more to do with the fact that RPGs can work on Consoles. Not saying RTS' can't but it's more complicated to translate RTS to console.

Ofcourse thinking they got bored feels much more nobel.

That's quite a jump in RAM usage between what I assume are minimum and recommended, but a relatively tiny jump in GPU/CPU requirements.

I read it as 1Gig + WinXP and 4Gigs + Win7/Vista, which would mean that it's not just the game that demands RAM. :)

Still very modest requirements. This will probably run ok on my 2006 rig.

I would be very, very surprised if the game runs halfway decent on WinXP with 1 GB RAM.

Maybe they're quite optimistic about the minimum requirements.

I hate when I run out of Festplattenspeicher. That is a hell of a word. =p

While I understand many of the complaints with the first Two Worlds, I liked it. There were some interesting ideas and style in there. Some cool skills, too. Hope they didn't skimp on those. Spell system was interesting in the first one, and sounds much more so in this one. What I've read and seen of TW2 looks pretty slick. I'm really looking forward to it. They've got my money on day 1.

I would be very, very surprised if the game runs halfway decent on WinXP with 1 GB RAM.

Maybe they're quite optimistic about the minimum requirements.
That's what I thought. Most games have a 1/2GB difference between minimum and recommended (With Vista/7 being XP+1GB most of the time), so a jump of 3 is quite unusual, and as you said it could be due to optimism.

I have a feeling that Two Worlds 2 will be our 2010 hit. Reality Pump knows what to do. They have learned from their past mistakes (this is a thing so many devs can't achieve I'm afraid) and now they are coming with a solid product. Every gameplay video I have seen so far indicate this. I hope I won't be dissappointed, TW2 will sell well and Reality Pump will be our next big RPG developer.

I'm curious as to what exactly you're seeing. I'm not saying you're wrong but I haven't seen any substantial content videos - and content (to me) is the important thing. Sure, it's prettier and has better animation. But what have you seen that proves great writing, interesting characters, quests with multiple solutions or balanced combat?

But what have you seen that proves great writing, interesting characters, quests with multiple solutions or balanced combat?

The first game was rather an action RPG with very simple dialogues and I quess TWII will be similar. So, it may not be a great game for you... but for sure it might be a great game to someone :)

I'm curious as to what exactly you're seeing. I'm not saying you're wrong but I haven't seen any substantial content videos - and content (to me) is the important thing. Sure, it's prettier and has better animation. But what have you seen that proves great writing, interesting characters, quests with multiple solutions or balanced combat?

There're quite a lot of gameplay videos, videos from e3, gdc demonstrations or from german game sites. Anyway Two Worlds 1 was a decent free roaming action RPG apart from stiff animations, combat mechanics and character models. All these videos show us that they learned from their mistakes, improved the combat system and graphics. And from their interviews and previews they accept the story cliches from the first game, and this time hired talented people to write a more complex story with twistes and such.

And we must support these enthusiastic devs with buying their games, whether it will be a mediocre RPG or great one. We are RPGamers and unfortunately we form the minority group of gamers. I'm, personally, planning to buy two version of the game (one for PC, one for Xbox 360) for the support (I'm not a rich guy by the way)

I also support developers by buying their games - even if only for a reduced prices, because I just can't afford too many full-price games per year (and I don't want to, as well, depending on the game).

Lately I've read a short review of TW II on one of the Polish gaming related websites. Unlike all the others I've encountered this one was quite harsh and criticised several things in the game. According to the author the dialogues are very poorly written and the story appears to be very typical. I'm wondering if it's really bad, or just mediocre.

Time will tell (With a philosophic look to the horizon) :)

Back
Top Bottom