Gothic 3 Help: Merdarion running through the cave wall

Toaster

Sentinel
Bug problem, didn't really know where to post it:
I've opened the temple of Mora Sul and gotten the artifact. Then when I go talk to Merdarion and he tells me to follow to kill the Undead commanders he runs into the dark cave bend between his position and the other nomads, and then runs straight through the cave wall, out of reach for me.

This is kind of a big problem for me as I understand killing all the commanders with him is a good source for Nomad rep. Any idea what I can do to fix this? It's happened two times in a row as I tried reloading and trying again once, so it's not a one-time occurance.

Some bugs and issues relating to Merdarion that have been fixed with the community 1.70 enhanced patch.

* The quest "The way to Merdarion" will be solved successfully as soon as Sanuyem comes close enough to Merdarion.

* Rakus, Merdarion, Sanuyem, the minecrawlers near Okara, the tunnel wolves, Kayor and his men, Riordian, Asaru and his men, the bandits between Montera and Domenik's farm, the ripperbeasts northwest from Silden and others do not run into the walls of their caves anymore.

* Merdarion and Tufail are stronger now, too.

* Sanuyem now knows how to busy himself after he lead the hero to Merdarion.

* When one says to Merdarion "Merdarion, what are you doing here?", the dialog option "Do we know each other?" will no longer appear.

* Each of the four quests "Follow Merdarion" can be resolved.

* The dialog menu will close automatically when Arakos, Cruz, Diego, Fraser, Gembak, Gorn, Hauke, Hogar, Kirk, Lars, Larson, Leif, Merdarion, Mezir, Mort, Pavel, Riordian, Sanuyem, Wenzel, Xardas, the "Eager slave", or the "Particularly eager slave" lead the hero to his destination point.
Selected from the Enhanced community patch 1.70 Change log.

http://snorre.jowood.de/~community/Gothic3/CP_Changelog_en.txt

I'm playing with the CP1.7, so that makes it even more strange if they specifically fixed that issue.

I remember reading that while most of the issues mentioned should be fixed there could still be the odd place where the patch has no effect - looks like you found one. I wonder if its the same for other players. I'm playing slow style so havn't got that far yet.

Back
Top Bottom