Gothic 3 Need help with Gothic 3.

DudeNtheRoom

Watcher
A couple of years ago I bought G3 and my computer couldn't run it. I finally bought a new computer and installed it. I got some sort of DX error. I looked on the web and it seemed a bunch of ppl were having the same trouble. It was a while back when I tried to run it but I think I remember most of the problems being on Vista machines.....which were DX 10 machines. Some were saying that the problem was a Nvidia driver issue.

I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the newer patches resolved this or if anyone knows what I am talking about.

Running:
Windows 7
i5 2.8 quad
eVGA Nvidia 250 GT
4 Gig 2000 RAM

Welcome aboard.

First of all you should get the latest Community Patch.Check our last G3 newsbit for download links.Install it and hit us back with some feedback.

I downloaded the 1.6 patch and the game worked. At least to the title screen. I played with the options but I'm going to have to go 30 minutes so I didn't want to start a game. Anyhow, thats farther than when I installed it last time.

I'm scared if I download another patch it'll break it or something, lol.

Did you install DirectX 9? DirectX 10 & 11 are not backward compatible.

That's what I've read repeatedly. Completely different pieces of software.

I'm not sure if that's true. I don't recall ever installing DirectX 9 on my Windows 7 partition, but I have several DX9 games installed there that run fine. I'm playing Fallout 3 now in fact.

Just ask Google. A quick check tells me that it's quite normal that DX11 misses certain DX9 files.

Back
Top Bottom