Conclave: If you're not playing it, you should be.

chamr

Mounted Highborn
Great turn-based RPG that allows you and your friends (or some strangers) to play over time. They're in beta and have a ways to go, but they've focused on getting the features they've released right rather than putting everything out there half-baked. I bought all the current quests on sale for a measly $2.99, and it's kept me and 5 of my far-flung friends very entertained with the added bonus of chatting back and forth through the game throughout the day, almost every day. You can play a couple of quests for free to get a feel for it. Give it a shot:

www.playconclave.com

I've only scratched the surface of the available quests, so I can't speak to what gameplay gets added as the game moves into the higher levels, but right now it's tactical battles alternating with story elements that end in a decision. Each party member votes on what course they want to take. Majority rules. Some avenues are only possible if you have a party member that can pass a given skill check. The choices not only determine what map you move to for the next encounter, but can actually affect what's on the map. Again, in beta and I've only been through a few chapters (10 quests, multiple chapters per quest. I'd guess I've been through about 6-8 chapters of 30-50 total), but I've already had a few "wow. that's cool" moments.

I was confused for a minute and thought "That's not at all how I remember Enclave..." Then my reading comprehension skills caught up with me.

Am I hearing right - you can't solo it?

You can solo, or go with a party of 2 or 3, but I don't know how the difficulty ramps or doesn't ramp. I was able to play through the first two chapters of the first quest solo, but haven't tried to solo beyond that.

It's low commitment. A turn here, a turn there. No need to wait until after exams! :)

Here are a few screenshots from the game:

combat.jpg

voting.jpg

characters.jpg

quests.jpg

the grapics is really underwhelming hope it is compensated by great gameplay!

Oh well, I might try out another character, since my first party is full and I'd like to try out a melee guy too. So if you see a party, for now I just have a Pladio character.

I will let you know if I create a second party and what my character's name would be.

EDIT: They should make prices like that illegal. I impulse-bought the questpack.
The game's given me 2 hours of entertainment already for less than half of a cinema ticket :D

EDIT2: I decided to just start a party from scratch. I'm a fighter, so pick something else maybe ? I created a party, my name is Glauber.
This might work :http://www.playconclave.com/parties/a8422e42358944899f8c7a96cf2f17a2/invite

Last edited:
It is indeed good fun. Played the free missions this afternoon with my brother, and also bought the questpack. With two players the early missions are easy, so I hope it gets harder.

I played with a party, but after the second chapter a couple people stopped regularly posting actions. I am searching for a party that will play for a while.

Back
Top Bottom