RPGWatch - 2009 Game of the Year Voting

Having played only 2 games(Risen,DA:O) out of all those in the list,I don't think I'm entitled to a vote.
2009 was a good year for RPGs though.

I was tempted to vote for Armored Princess but I think Drakensang was the better "RPG". They're both great though.

I've got all sorts of complaints about Drakensang but since playing DA:O, they don't seem nearly as bad in retrospect.

Most looking forward to, Alpha Protocol, no doubt. A bug free Obsidian rpg/shooter with modern guns, it'll be the 2010 game of the year without contest if it lives up to my expectations.

Definitely DA:O for me. Though I think the RPGs of 2010 question should be a multiple choice. ;)

I am tempted to get all of them at some point. :p

Making choices is hard ;)

I prefer it stay this "hard" to pick out an RPG to play in the coming years. ;)

DA:O for me. Basically, mainstream done right. If they´ll do a sequel, they need to infuse the game with more originality and add more complexity to the gameplay but overall it´s a step in a good direction as far as recent mainstream goes. I definitely don´t endorse game´s marketing and DLC strategies though.

As for my most anticipated 2010 release, voted for Age of Decadence even though I expect it to be released in 2011, eh. Fallout: New Vegas and Venetica were close second. I have a bad feeling about Alpha Protocol.
Anyway, 2011 seems like potentially interesting year for cRPGs.

Until last week my favourite was DA:O now it's Armoured Princess.

Drakensang is surely the rpg game of 2009.

Yep and I had to select it also for RPG of 2010, since there wasn't any good listed, except Ultima 6 that might not even ready during this year.

Because the English version was released barely 5 weeks before the year ended, and in digital download only.

Tell that to the Academy Awards ... 2009 is 2009, right ;)

Yep and I had to select it also for RPG of 2010, since there wasn't any good listed, except Ultima 6 that might not even ready during this year.

U6 will be released in the very near future. Final polishing and bug fixing is WELL underway!!

Dragon Age: Origins for the win and Fallout: New Vegas for the most anticipated. I really want to see what Obsidian can do with Fallout: New Vegas. The biggest complaint I had with Fallout 3 was the beyond stupid story. If all they do is improve the story then that will easily be one of my favorite games of next year.

Back
Top Bottom