Fallout 3 - Retrospective @ Resolution Magazine

Oblivion Vanilla really stunk bad.

But....

When you add in some of the great mod compilations like FCOM, then it becomes a really great freeform RPG. It was simply an engine with a game that wasn't fully developed by Bethesda.

At least that was my take.

I am playing Oblivion with Oscuros Overhaul Mod and I am having much more fun than in my original play through.

-> money is rare now
-> level up is slowed down
-> fights are long & challenging: yesterday I had to fight 2 hours with Azani Blackheart with my lvl 5 character
-> level scaling enhanced -> no more "Winning the arena at lvl 1" for example

Oscuro's Oblivion is still a sandbox game, but tuned to Daggerfall-difficulty.

I am playing Oblivion with Oscuros Overhaul Mod and I am having much more fun than in my original play through.

-> money is rare now
-> level up is slowed down
-> fights are long & challenging: yesterday I had to fight 2 hours with Azani Blackheart with my lvl 5 character
-> level scaling enhanced -> no more "Winning the arena at lvl 1" for example

Oscuro's Oblivion is still a sandbox game, but tuned to Daggerfall-difficulty.

Never played Oblivion for more than 15 minutes (and the comments of friends and on forums persuaded me that the right course of action would be not buying the game) but it looks similar to what Fallout Wanderer's Edition is for Fallout 3.
Also, interesting tidbit : Oscuro is working on Fallout New Vegas as an Obsidian's developer.

I've thought about giving Obscuros mod a try, but I don't like the fact that it also adds a bunch of items and creatures. I want a mod that just tweaks the level scaling and economy, without adding a ton of fan-made stuff.

Back
Top Bottom