Dragon Age: Inquisition - PC Gameplay

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well a lot of you said you wanted PC footage so here you go. A Youtube user by the name of clayman90 had a chance to play a demo, and posted a new video.

I went to EA to play an Early Build of the soon to be released Dragon Age: Inquisition.Though I am not into RPGs I enjoyed playing this game a lot. Looking forward to it
To bad he is using a controller, and he calls himself a PC Gamer.
smiley-cool.gif

More information.

Controllers are for roms! :p

Using a controller for a game like this on PC is like…I dunno. I can't think of a good metaphor. But it's a silly pointless waste. :-/

Excellent clip though!

Games looks very nice so I am wondering whether to get this for PC or PS4. It would look amazing on big screen but I wonder if PS4 can handle the effects this game seems to have.

I have nothing against controllers per se but they seem to me to be for action-y games and doing well with them in DAI makes me think the tactical aspect is going to take a backseat to the action aspect again, just like in DAII.

I have nothing against controllers per se but they seem to me to be for action-y games and doing well with them in DAI makes me think the tactical aspect is going to take a backseat to the action aspect again, just like in DAII.
They claim the game will change depending on whether you use a controller, or keyboard & mouse. The problem is they haven't show the keyboard & mouse in any footage.:disappointed:

Why have something awesome happen as you press a key on that quaint keyboard, when you can have something EPIC happen when you press A on your controller!

Very flashy. A little bit too much so, for my tastes.

I too agree. I hope they will let me turn off some of bling bling. These days my eyes can't handle the assault it receives from video games.

Last edited:
DA:I is an impressing looking game on it's own. I don't understand why they had to go overboard with combat effects. It feels quite distracting and its not certainly easy on the eyes…

I understand that elemental spells have to be colourfull, but it seems that every ability is flashy and colourfull. They should definitely tone those effects down two or three notches. Or allow player an option to disable them altogether.

I can understand using controllers for FIFA and so on, but not for games like Dragon Age. You can do things much more swiftly with keyboard + mouse, at least if the interface isn't completely wonky.

It probably has something to do with the comfort level of not having to be near your desk and keyboard. Some people really enjoy leaning back in the couch or the big chair and relaxing.

It's a different kind of gaming - and I sometimes enjoy it. But for RPGs, I tend to focus on details - and I can't comfortably "kick back" like that. I never really played games to kick back, anyway.

They claim the game will change depending on whether you use a controller, or keyboard & mouse. The problem is they haven't show the keyboard & mouse in any footage.:disappointed:
Probably because the controler using market is their priority and they first made sure the game and controls work best for them.
As for mouse and keyboard, I bet they are still tuning the game for that control scheme and that is why there are no trailers using K&M.

DA:I is an impressing looking game on it's own. I don't understand why they had to go overboard with combat effects. It feels quite distracting and its not certainly easy on the eyes…
Exactly.

Is there any information about options to turn off some of the FX?

he is using a controller
Again?
It is a well designed conspiracy, I'm 100% sure.

Or the game is Fable Anniversary 2. :evilgrin:

Couch, I think you got the videos mixed up . This is a video of the def leppard concert I went to when I was a kid. Complete with laser light show and dry ice fog machine. Just fire up rock of ages and watch the video and I'm there all over again.:biggrin:

Seriously though a pc play through with a controller and no sign of the zoomed out tactical view. Are we even sure it's pc footage?

Please find something with K&M plus tactical view.

The move to controllers on pc really saddens me and the way so many, even people on this forum embrace it saddens me even more. In 5 years we will all be playing with controllers on our glorified consoles.:(

Back
Top Bottom