Black Geyser - A New Party Based RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found information about a new Isometric party based RPG called Black Geyser: The Courier being developed by a studio called Dalkivar Entertainment.

Here is the games description.
Black Geyser: The Courier is an isometric, party based, real-time RPG set in the world of Yerengal. A game that combines immersive graphics and brand-new features with the virtues of classic RPGs that we all loved in the 2000s! Solve mysteries, fight epic battles, help beggars and kings, outwit swindlers and gods, and never forget: when the Courier, this horrible creature, completes its task, greed shall infest us all! As an indie team, we need your help spreading the word about Black Geyser: The Courier. It is expected to be released in 2016.
More information.

Put that bag of salt everyone is taking bits from, some more near me.

They did their best to copy Black Isle name and logo.

I'll check it out in 2018 when and if it releases.

I know, I'm cynical but I'm still waiting on kickstarters that are years past due.

Yeah, it didn't look like they had much yet. Unless I see a whole lot more game first, I am just not interested enough to back every dream.

One of their volunteer PR people went to advertise it on Codex first and almost got ripped a new one.
Then couple of Codexers (including some game devs) tried to help them with advice. Some of the advice was accepted immediately (Plant Item was originally called Put Silently..) and the rest was "forwarded" to devs.

I like this type of game and tend to support them. . .but
*At this point it looks very threadbare.
*They need an English native speaker to write their texts.
*20$ is a high entry point for a kickstarter project with unknown developers.

If they are going to model everything in that level of detail (on their media page), this is going to be a long time a coming. What little I saw looked good though.

It does look promising! I like the early graphics, and if they can design a neat, tidy, visually impressive website then it's not too much to hope that the game looks nice too.

I'm still with the "I need more" crowd, for now. But I am tentatively excited, and I wish them every ounce of success on what looks like a possibly promising title. :)

Our kickstarter campaign will have amazing rewards! You will get the full game as well for a pledge of $20 or more. Do you plan to participate?
First thing to change: Unless they bring big names or a stunning video they should probably go below 20$ for the base game. Otherwise they will have a hard time generating some hype. Early Bird pledges always help of course.

This looks promising! The novelties and spell system sound great! I am hopeful that this one succeeds. :)

Back
Top Bottom