The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Loreena McKennitt : "An Ancient Muse" ...

If you like music a la Enya, go for it !
Otherwise, rather stay away from it.

Rediscovered these guys (and bought the rest of their albums):

British psychedelic rock at it's best.

pibbur who knows the difference between Gentle Giant and this

Catching up on the Vangelis back catalog. It's a ton of music (29 albums).

Watched 'Chariots of Fire' ... which is a very different movie to me now that I am a serious marathoner (as oppsed to when it came out and I fell in the 'runs when chased' category) :) Great music

And the new show 'Almost Human' had a very Blade Runner-ish theme this week, and the music had a great analog synth Vangelis feel ... cool.

Yep, Blade Runner kind of turned me back onto him.

Lots of different styles over all his albums: progressive, electronic, jazzy, classical, blues, orchestral, new agey, chorals, minimalist, experimental and just plain atonal stuff. And quite a few soundtracks, and familiar unplaced tunes from the past. The music that surprised me the most so far are the tracks from Albedo used in Sagan's Cosmos series. Surprised because they very familiar but I had no idea they were his. Amazing body of work when looked at as a whole.

Here's one that may be instantly recognizable but unable to place like it was for me.

Vangelis - Pulsar

Chariots of Fire is definitely one of his consistently pretty albums, though.

Last edited:
For whatever reason I got the hankering again and have been listening to the Divine Divinity soundtrack ... definitely some of my very favorite game music!

As almost every year : "Snowbound" by Genesis ... "Hey, there walks the Snowman ..."

I'm usually pretty alone on this stuff, but here goes :smitten:

I like the instrumental, nice beat. I think the woman could have a nice voice, but there's a lot of something I can only describe as "noise"/shhhh/chroo sounds, which ruin it for me.

Back
Top Bottom