Pricewatch!

direct2drive has "the void" on sale for $5. its one of the most innovative games i've played in the 25 years or so i've been gaming. its a very surreal and beautiful game and worth that price just to play it for an hour. its a hard game though and i haven't gone back to playing it when i picked it up a few months back. time is always progressing no matter what you do and your resources as well. its and interesting meld between adventure, simulation, strategy, resource management etc.
http://www.direct2drive.com/7/8688/product/Buy-The-Void-Download

saw the arx fatalis mention above and the blood "magic" system in this game is remarkable similar to arx fatalis, and sometimes just as hard to implement;)

Saw The Void for about 20 Euros recently. Boxed.

direct2drive has "the void" on sale for $5. its one of the most innovative games i've played in the 25 years or so i've been gaming. its a very surreal and beautiful game and worth that price just to play it for an hour.

Went and looked it up on YouTube. It does look interesting, and I'm glad you mentioned it. Seems that US gamers can also import a boxed copy for cheap.

From Wikipedia…

The game was released in several countries under different titles and with minor and major changes.

Turgor — the initial Russian release, on April 17, 2008. This edition is available in the form of a two DVD jewel box, a gift edition and a digital download. The bonus disk contains a full soundtrack, all the trailers ever made for the game, Nikolay Dybowskiy's recordings from KRI, a game music video about Pathologic, and artwork from the game. Though this edition was only released in Russian, there is an official subtitle patch available from one of the developers.

Tension — the working English title of the game and the official title in Poland. The Polish edition included the game disk, a bonus disk with a part of the soundtrack, a user manual, an official walkthrough and an artbook. This edition doesn't include the bonuses from the Russian version. Includes the first patch.

Turgor: Voice of Color/The Void (German edition) — this is the director's cut edition of the game released on March 28, 2009, that has major differences from the initial release, such as a completely re-written story. The bonus disk contains a re-mastered soundtrack with new tracks, all trailers except video footage from KRI, Pathologic game music video, and artwork.

The Void (English edition) — the same as the German edition with the second patch. This edition was released in October 2009.

Oh, thanks, I didn't know that the German version of is was so different.

But why ? I wonder.

I just got the Collector's Edition of Gothic 3 from Amazon. It's a very nice package with a steel outer case, a making of DVD, soundtrack CD and a copy of Forsaken Gods (I know, that's a minus) all for $8.42.

Here, two sellers try to sell it for 40 Euros each - new.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001GQ3D1K/ref=twister_dp_update?ie=UTF8&childASIN=B000GPIOYS
And why is this in grey ?
Interesting : The regular version of it seems to be red.

Isn't that the original collector's edition? The US version wasn't released until much later, which is why it includes Forsaken Gods. The German version includes an art book, and I think other things that aren't included in the US version.

Well, I don't know too much about Gothic 3 … So I can't really say.

And yes, I think this should be the original Collector's Edition. The one I recently saw for lesser money in several specimens in an electronics chain, as posted above …

Yes, I have that edition. It contains

:spotlight-left: a cloth map, an artbook, a making-of-DVD and an amulett. :spotlight-right:

And since I am one of the few people, who loved Gothic3 even with relese patch (1.12), I am quite fond of it.

With these cheap prices nowadays I definitively plan to buy one, too.

When I get near this shop again, that is …

Saw "Konung 2" at the reduced price of 1 Euro at Woolworth's.

Can anybody tell me more about it ? It's because there was no printed handbook there ...

They also had other games for the same price, of which I also took "Everlight".

Thanks.

That doesn't sound too good ...

Dragon Age: Origins for PS3/360 on sale this week at Best Buy for $39.99.

Back
Top Bottom