The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Yep, I noticed the lovely new ship when I logged on just now. At first, I didn't see the two rooms to the sides of the ramp heading down into the hold, so I thought that the Acid shrine got ditched for electric.

I'll admit I thought the game had bugged and sent me to the wrong guild's ship!

I do wonder why the Stone of Change, but then thinking about it, about the only thing left would be the GS altars themselves. Not a big deal, we'll soon get a plat-purchased tier 2 GS altar which probably can go there instead.

The next several levels will be nice, as we will get plat-purchased Greater resistance shrines available, as well as the stat shrines.

It's too bad we can't locate the hookpoints themselves. I'd like to have all 6 stat shrines up top. Just for symmetry.

It's too bad we can't locate the hookpoints themselves. I'd like to have all 6 stat shrines up top. Just for symmetry.

Yes, I thought that as well. Perhaps we can swap the shrines a bit ? Is this possible ? Or are the points bound to specific things ?

This way we could for example put the military man from the deck into the ship, with a resistance shrine putting on deck in his current place.

Edit : From the Eberron Chronicle :

DDO Bonus Days continues with +20% Guild Renown through March 25th! And, starting on March 29th, get a +20% boost to Challenge rewards!

Source : http://my.ddo.com/turbinecommunity/2012/03/23/the-eberron-chronicle-77/

Last edited:
We could not swap positions of buffs on the ship. They were placed automatically. I think that each ship has a default location for each shrine when you move ship and the locations we got are the same I remember from other ships I have visited.

But we can decide what to place where when buffs run out. So if we want to alter the locations of buffs then we need to let them run out of time and build them up again in a different location.

I don't think we can do much with the small ship enhancements (stat shrine, resist shrines, bank, tavern). They use the same slot and are spread out. We can move between these so we can get all resists up for example, but we can't get all stat shrines up since there are only 3 slots up if I recall correctly.

We can change locations of crew slots, but they are also spread around.

The large slots (4 in total) are already placed well I think. Chest below, XP shrine at the rear and altars in front and inside.

So we can do minor tweak, but not make the ship completely structured.

I think it's good to have the training dummy up so everybody can see Jo hit it. :p Don named the dummy Peter. I wonder why. ;)

The 2 doors near the ramp close after awhile if nobody is inside. I have rarely seen them closed on ships I have been invited to, but those are probably big guilds. Our guild is small so I guess the doors close more often. Fortunately I remembered the location so I managed to open them before I left.

I remember we had a similar issue with the former ship when we got it at level 50. One of the crew hookpoints were placed in an unnatural position and we overlooked it (festival guy). He was inside up the stairs.

After a few visits we will know where everything is on the new ship.

This is what we have at the moment:
Large hookpoints:
* Altar of invasion (tier 1 greensteel crafting)
* Stone of change (guild item augments, shard fragment merging etc.)
* Large guild chest
* Lesser XP shrine

Small hookpoints:
* +2 charisma shrine
* +2 constitution shrine
* +2 dexterity shrine
* +2 intelligence shrine
* +2 strength shrine
* +2 wisdom shrine
* Acid resistance shrine (+20)
* Electricity resistance shrine (+20)
* Fire resistance shrine (+20)
* Kundarak Banker
* Free Agen Tavern

Crew slots:
* Navigator (Artleblart. Allows transport to public areas you have started explorers)
* Training Dummy (+2 melee attack. Has 5000 hp and heavy fortification)
* House Deneith Defender (DR/1, +1 AC)
* House Jorasco Healer (+10% on incoming healing)
* House Kundarak Battlemaster (+1 AC, +5 balance/haggle)
* House Phiarlan Entertainer (+1 luck, +1 DC on enchantments/illusions)
* Scholar of the Twelve (+ 1 spell penetration, +1 DC on conjurations/evocations)
* Darguun Hobgoblin Warrior (+4 save vs fear, +2 melee damage)
* Clan Gnashtooth Kobold Shaman (+1 on saves, +1 attack, +1 AC)

I think it's good to have the training dummy up

My level 5 wizard already beat it 2 times ! With a greatsword and the spell "Master's Touch" ! ;)

* Fire resistance shrine (+20)

This is one of the far most useful things there, imho. Still.

I wondered, however, if it would make sense to place a Silver Flame guy somewhere, too ?

But of course I don't know because I don't know in how far your needs differ from mine …

I think the Stone Of Change can be replaced at one point if something more necessary comes into view. Because there are two of them easily reachable out there … One in the Market Place and one at The Twelve.

The Altar Of Invasion, howaever is not that easily reachable, imho.

Silver flame guy is reported to be bugged. So it's a wasted slot.

We expect to replace the stone of change with a different tier of the altar like altar of devastation (tier 3) when we can get it. Need another level before we can get a gold seal altar of devastation.

Silver flame guy is reported to be bugged. So it's a wasted slot.

Ah, okay, I didn't know that.

My Wizard went level 6 yesterday, by the way. While beating his was through the Splinterskull Fortress. You possibly don't imagine how much damage a sword-fighting Wizard with a shortsword of lesser goblin bane is able to do. ;)
I'm still sticking to growing him into an arcane type of character, though.

I was a tiny bit disappointed that he didn't get level 4 spells - but that most likely means that I still didn't fully understand the whole levelling mechanism. Oh, my.

Edit : A very sensible and thoughtful discussion on trying to find out what is causing lag : http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=365315
In this thread it looks like as if Update 13 Patch 1 is coming next week or so : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4364481&postcount=22
More here : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4376821&postcount=32

Edit : Crystal Cove will return "soon" : http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=4379936&postcount=38

Last edited:
If we want all resist shrines we can do that, but then the tavern keeper and banker have to go. It's convenient having them on the ship, though.

We have all crew members except the planescaller (can't until level 56) and the silver flame priest (bugged. His buff was supposed to be protection from evil). So I think we have what we need.

The planescaller is nice, but he can only send us to Amrath. Now we can instead go to the Twelve and use the planescaller inside the Twelve tower.

Didn't know that there is a Planescaller as well. But anyway - I wouldn't be able to use him anyway, I assume.

The tavern man can at least do quick repairs, and I think the Bank should be there.

The banker, tavern, guild chest, and navigator are the most important amenities. Everything else is just gravy.

I hereby propose relocating the Acid Shrine to an easier accessible place. This is the only real complaint I have, because it is not only deeply hiddin within the Guild Ship's belly, but also blocked by one of these doors, and third it is located fairly deep within that room.
I'd put the Twelfth Magician into that room instead.

Alrik, Wizards, Clerics, and soon Druids get new spell levels at every odd class level. So a level 7 Wizard will have level 4 spells. Confused yet? Sorcerers, Favored Souls, and Spirit Shamans get their spell levels one later, and only get to pick one spell at that level. So a Sorcerer must be level 8 to get his first level 4 spell.

You can still inscribe spells into your spellbook, even at level 1, no matter the level. So if you took that Mass Hold Monster scroll that was in the guild chest a few weeks ago, when I last checked, you could inscribe it now. Just remember you have no way to see what you've inscribed. Only Wizards and Artificers can inscribe scrolls.

Bards and Artificers have an odd class level to spell level progression.

Thank you. I'm already inscribing quite a lot ! ;)

If you're so inclined, you can print out the list of arcane spells over at DDOWiki (3 pages, takes a little work since it's not formatted for printing) and cross them off as you inscribe them. It's about the only way to track what you've got and what you don't. Some might call it anal retentive, but I call it good recordkeeping. ;)

Yes, at least that's a very … methodical approach, which I prefer myself when I find that I'm getting confused. ;)

Finished the first half (?) of the Sorrowdusk quests today. Took an "Mystical Fish" as reward - no idea what it is for except for crafting, as its description says.

Will take a look at the Wiki now what it does ...

The acid shrine can not be replaced by crew members because they are of a different type. We can only replace it with a stat shrine or the banker / tavern keeper.

So something has to be placed in those 2 rooms. You're probably the most unlucky one since you're first onboard after all the guildies from USA have completed. So the doors will close. You will open it and it will stay open for the rest of us when we login.

So maybe we can give you the "job" as a guild door opener. :p

Back
Top Bottom