Long ago and far away...

Gig

Sentinel
I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
This is wonderful! I still can't believe so many old friends are here!

I have to admit to being a little bit confused... who is Jolt? Who is Dai-Galean?

What, who, what, huh...
confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Gig!! Welcome aboard. Jolt is the group which bought out the Dot and turned it into an advertisers dream!! Wall to wall ads!!!! :( The Dot now has a totally new staff (from Jolt) and we no longer have anything to do with what happens there!! You'll meet many old friends here, and quite a few new ones!! Glad to have you here.

It doesn´t matter. Good you´re here! :party:

So where in the samhell have you been, young lady? Last time we "talked", you were practically homeless from the triple hurricane attack.

Name looks somewhat familiar, but I started to poison the minds of people of the 'Dot with propaganda about handheld RPG's ... and have continued that here!

@Pladio - Likewise, but thank you very much! :D

I really glad to find my way here... thanks to Gorath's last (nearly last?) post in Gothic General at the Dot and Jaz' followup:biggrin: which contained the breadcrumb that pointed the way. :thumbsup:

@dte... Well, thereby hangs a tale. We actually were only (only! heehee) directly hit by two events back to back - Frances and Jeanie, a category 2 and a category 3 storm when they actually hit us. Katrina, a full force category 5 storm past us while it was still in the Gulf -- by the time it finally made ground we were too far south. I have been in a category 5 storm, though. It was Andrew when I was 14 and believe me, they don't compare!

It's funny you should use the term homeless because that's exactly what it turned out to be in the end! We didn't realize it at first, but our lovely little place on the golf course never really recovered. They were under-insured and couldn't afford to fix it up again, eventually no one had any choice but to leave. Most of us were so fed up by then that it was easy!

So! What did I miss? :)

You missed a lot, but that's unimportant... I'm glad to see you finally found your way to this place! :iloveyou::hug::party:

...especially now that I finally started to write you-know-what, featuring - amongst others - an archer named Gigue...

Well, I have you to thank for it! :D :glomp:

I can't wait to read you-know-what -- I'm honored!

How's the baby? Growing like the very weeds I'll bet! :lol: He must be about the age of exercise by now, huh, he's just himself and you get lots of exercise? ;)

Hows hubby?

I'm still single and on the verge of giving up altogether. Honestly, it's... whatever, I don't know, I guess I just know how to pick um. :roll:

This is really nice -- the new place. I dropped in at the dot a while ago and old friends had started to square off as enemies and, I don't know, it hurt my heart I guess. I didn't stick around, just wandered off again until I dropped by yesterday and got that shocker. I started doing searches for people I knew and that's how I got here! I clicked you and you brought me right here. I was a teeny startled until I retraced my steps and realized what I had done. Once again, Thank you. :)

Baby is three... see attached picture (should have called it Son of Sam for obvious reasons ;) ).
About that exercise... well, hubby gets most of that since I'm at work most of the day and his office is at home. And iIt shows: hubby is in really good shape by now...
he attended a festival two weeks ago, and he wanted his hair bleached and undercut. Well. We had to do all this after we had tucked sonny in, so it was pretty late. Hubby went to sleep with wet hair because it was so late, and they left early for the festival the next morning, so I saw him after the return roughly a week later.
What do I say, his hair was white and orange, and with the undercut and shock of curls he looked like Depeche Mode's Martin Gore!
Our darkish bathroom lamp had tricked me that ominous night. But well, at least the color of his hair is exactly the color of his beard now...

Being single can be a lot of fun, but circumstances must be right, of course. If you don't like being single, mentioning to 'make the best of it' all the time won't help :(. Thinking about why you keep on picking the wrong guys all the time won't make it much better, either... sigh...

Well, I had linked my Dot sig and profile to this place before I pulled my plug over there - great to see that you fell into my trap :p.

It will take quite a while until you'll be able to read the you-know-what (if at all): right now, I have a third of what I'm supposed to deliver by October, and what I'm supposed to deliver by October is roughly a quarter to a third of the whole affair. Besides, 'delivered' doesn't necessarily mean 'sold', and... well, I was asked to write it in German, so there.

Attachments

• tiguar3.jpg
    tiguar3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 35
Gig!! Welcome and glad to see you anywhere! I think you will find several faces you know here. Glad you found the new place. :w00t::glomp::cuddle:

@Jaz -- Is that most adorable thing ever!? He's beautiful, and so big! I really have been away too long.

Yikes about the hair, how did hubby take it, was he freaked? I hate those bathroom lamps, mine is the same. Something looks right in the mirror and then you get out into natural light and suddenly realize you look like a clown hooker. My bathroom has a tendency to downplay warm tones so blush and daring lipsticks can turn out to be a bit more... dynamic... than expected. :lol:

Being single... eh... I don't have anything against it really. I'm not about to rush into another marriage and if I wait long enough my relationships crash and burn. I find myself losing confidence that I can make something long lasting work and I definitely don't want a repeat of the first time. And I know why I pick the wrong guys -- BBS still gets the best of me even though I keep telling myself that I'm old enough to know better. :rolleyes: Ah, well, I just started my last year as a twenty-something and the comment about being single was just, how can I put it... naked insecurity.:biggrin:

I'm completely bummed about "you-know-what"... unless I can learn German... hmm.

@Cm -- Cm!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much, I'm glad I found my way here too! What have you been up too?
hug.gif
highfive.gif
cloud9.gif

Well yes, artificial light tends to absorb color. Hubby took the hair affair like a man, though. He's still wearing them this way...

Good to see you're alright :). Tell us a bit more about your recent past!

Gig, what's BBS? To me it's the old Bulletin Boards I used to frequent before the Net came along!! :) Hey, I was well over 30 when I got married!!

Gave me an RCA Dog moment, too, Corwin. From context and being the expert in women that I am o_O I would say "Bad Boy Syndrome".

But isn't it nice that some things haven't changed? 2 years and who knows what, and our Gig is still talking hair and makeup. Such a girlie girl... And I, for one, am quite happy with that. ;)

Damn, first Ian showing up again, now Gig. Feels more and more like the NFG gone public.

Gig, trust me when I say that it isn't solely a female problem to find the right partner. Just like you, I haven't got anyone either. 3 years don't seem to be enough for me to present you a partner although you missed certainly something at the NFG.

@txa1265 Gig was the former group mod at the NFG.

*Slaps the boys down a few pegs so the girls can chat a bit more*:slap:

I have been fine, same ole same ole. Can't say I can imagine the storm mess and the house damage you have been through, but glad no one was seriously hurt. As you can tell the gentlemen here have not changed much. :lol:

@ Jaz...Great pic of the baby by the way. Hummm........won't be able to call him a baby much longer will we. ;)

Back
Top Bottom