RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Is it just for me all the forum tool menues have stopped working? When I click them a pop down menu is supposed to appear, but all I can see of it right now is the top left corner. That goes for things like smilies as well.

Übereil
Can't confirm this. Maybe you recently started using some protection tool like NoScript?

They all work for me!!

No problems here, either.

Oh yes, the "currently listening" thread just took a step forward. There shall be much new gazing goodness...

RPGWatch is the only website I visit that doesnt display properly (and I visit quite a few):

1. The front page recent artilcles list doesn't list properly. End of lines are missing.
2. If you set the text size to larger in IE, the text doesn't wrap properly, and image boxes obscure text

Maybe you should make a screenshot as illustration.

I use http://imageshack.us for free image hosting. Attachments in this forum also work.

IE 7 is what I am using.
I changed something. Better now? Don't know about the font size, couldn't test it with IE7.

Also, consider upgrading to Internet Explorer 8, the site looks fine in that browser, even with different font sizes. IE7 is almost 3 years old, which in Internet terms makes it ancient.

Or even better, try Firefox.

The recent articles list looks good now! Great!

But I still get the messed up text wrap and overlap when I select larger text size. Pleasee see the attachment.

Attachments

• browser glitches.JPG
    browser glitches.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 66
I don't know. It looks like your text size setting is too big, but changing it work s for me. Maybe Arhu knows

Uh, the rendering should not assume a fixed text size like most other webpages that work for any text size.

I might add on the text setting in the above, RPRWatch rendering is MUCH too much scaled up. All other websites scale up much smaller. So somethinng odd is going on at RPGWatch.

But we knew that already. ;)

Is it the font that is odd that I should install on my machine for maybe more font sizes? Or maybe a truetype version?

Some sort of font substitution could be going on...

UPDATE: I get some very odd font sizes on this page even with text size set on medium. Examples: Verdana 11.5 and Verdana 15.5. I think if you stick to integer and standard font sizes these problems may go away.

Last edited:
Like I said, changing the text size in IE works for me.

Yes, but one shouldn't have too. It's rather annoying to have to mess around with that setting everytime I go to this one website when all websites I go to handle it properly.

And the text size should be comparable to other websites and not so wildly scaled so big.

Why don't you just change browser?
I see absolutely no reason for someone to have IE7

Changed something else, this time regarding font size. Try shift-reloading the page. Hope it's fine now and I didn't break anything.

I see absolutely no reason for someone to have IE7
While I agree with that statement, there is still enough reason to at least support IE 7 from a web design point of view, given that in all likelihood it's still relatively widespread. If I catch someone using IE6, however, they'd better run. :p

Anyway, thanks Thrasher for bringing this to our attention. :)

Speaking of IE, that mp3 player thingy doesn't seem to be functioning in IE8, or is that just me?
edit: Ah, didn't have Flash Player 10 activated for IE for some reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom