Witcher Earth Runes (spoilers for chapter 3)

The Witcher

elkston

Sentinel
I am currently in the 3rd chapter and so far have 1 sun rune and 2 earth runes. I got 1 sun rune and 1 earth rune in chapter 2 (I think i bought the sun one and found the earth rune after killing a quest monster). I got the 2nd earth rune by winning the fist fight against Andrew Gablotta in Chapter 3.

Now I am finally able to forge a silver rune sword and the stats seem pretty decent (+30% dmg, +50%blind, +25% knockdown). But now I am wondering if its worth holding out for that 3rd Earth rune so I can make a "pure" sword. It seems these silver sword runes are harder to come by than the meteorites.

Can anyone who has finished the game tell me how soon I can find a 3rd earth rune? Also, can anyone remember the stats on a silver rune sword with 3 Earth runes? I am in Chapter 3 again -- about midway through if I am to guess (Just finished beating Salamandra in swamp & sewers)

Wow -- no replies on this? Looks like Chapter 3 is about to end and still no 3rd earth rune.

Well forget it. I am going to forge the silver sword with 2 blues and 1 red. I read a spoiler on GameFaqs board that revealed:
You get a nice silver sword at the end of act IV. So there is no use delaying the fun I suppose.

Heh... how much you wanna bet I find that third earth rune real early in act iv? LOL!!!

Last edited:
Since you asked, you can buy those runes very easily in Act IV. However, as you already know, you don't really need them at that point (if you play your cards right).

Even though I used up my 2 previous Earth Runes to forge the sword in Ch. 2, I have found you can can get 3 more pretty early in Ch.4.

1. You can buy one from the blacksmith's son (merchant)
2. You can find one on a corpse located on the outskirts of the fields section of Murky Waters. Just search all over the fields and you'll find the corpse towards the edge of the map somehwere.
3. You can get one as a reward for finishing the water nymph's (Nidali?) quest.

All these can be done shortly after entering the chapter so you CAN get those 3 earth runes again if you want.

Back
Top Bottom