Gamasutra - Sexism and Sexuality In Games

I hope no game developer spends any more resources on putting sex in their game. Every attempt I've experienced has been god awful awkward and ludicrous. Tasteful/romantic does not mesh with gaming developers for some reason o_O

@Trasher -> yep - awful awkward and/or a clumsy try to enhance the sales figures.
There are a few good exceptions, but there are very rare - it's such a shame.

Tasteful/romantic does not mesh with gaming developers for some reason o_O
Casanovas excelling in the art of seduction, in social skills, work in areas where they'll meet women. Exit game development.

@Omega
I can imagine to play a game like this with you - would be hilarious :)
Hilarious? Time with me, hilarious? Hm. Not the sort of compliment Casanova would make... Your job's in the game development industry, by any chance? ;)

Hilarious? Time with me, hilarious? Hm. Not the sort of compliment Casanova would make… Your job's in the game development industry, by any chance? ;)

Worse :) - I'm a system analyst, mathematician & database developer in the chemical industry - no joke!

My romance skill is on par with Data of the Enterprise...

Worse :) - I'm a system analyst, mathematician & database developer in the chemical industry - no joke!

My romance skill is on par with Data of the Enterprise…

As I recall, Data got a lot more lucky than you'd expect :)

I can imagine quite a lot in the chemical industry. Perhaps that's because my home town has a massive chemical plant.
Chemistry was once almost a hobby of mine - until I found out that it is very calculations-heavy. Then, my interest dropped considerably, simply because of my slight dyscalculia.
Without my dyscalculia, I'd perhaps be working in a chemical plant nowadays, too.

why are you guys talking about chemicals when the topic is sexuality?

oh right... I'm not in that age group.

Still astounding the relatively low number of women working in the natural science department, meanwhile the number of men working in the social department is relatively low, too.

Back
Top Bottom