Fallout 4 - The L in S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here is the last one of the videos about the SPECIAL system used in Fallout 4, which is about luck.

More information.

Does luck lead to unexpect NPC interventions or does it drive companions to perform heroic actions?

It looks like Luck actually affects what random loot you'll find. I like that they're finally doing that.

In the previous games, it was only used as a modifier for skills and critical hit %.

Yeah, luck has always been a dump stat for me. I set it to 3 and forget about it. I won't be able to do that if it's tied to loot. I'll all about the shiny stuff.

19 days and counting.

In FO3, Luck affected the quality of loot and increased the likelihood of finding more ammo when combined with the Scrounger and Fortune Finder perks. It's unclear from the Fallout Wiki if this is true with high Luck without those perks.

Those two perks require a base level of 5 Luck and a player level of either 5 or 8.

Last edited:
In FO3, Luck affected the quality of loot and increased the likelihood of finding more ammo when combined with the Scrounger and Fortune Finder perks. It's unclear from the Fallout Wiki if this is true with high Luck without those perks.

Those two perks require a base level of 5 Luck and a player level of either 5 or 8.

Those perks only caused you to find greater quantities of ammo and money. Luck had no impact on the type or quality of loot you found in FO3.

I got the impression that Luck will actually help determine what you find in FO4, but that could be wrong.

Something tells me D'artagnan will set his luck no lower than 10. :p
But this is good...I remember how in Lionheart, where it would open new areas for that sort of thing, maybe we'll get lucky. Can't help it with these puns.

Back
Top Bottom