Giana Sisters are back!

Awesome thread, thanks for the info Gorath!

I've also still got the Great Giana Sisters on C64…although I wouldn't necessarily call it one of my favourites, but my sister and I definitely had fun trying to beat it as kids. The music for it (and also quite a few remixes) still bring back great emotions. Both Instant Remedy and Machinae Supremacy did brilliant renditions of the main theme and in different styles (Ibiza style dance and rock respectively...)

I never really played Turrican 2 - but enjoy that soundtrack as well. My favourite Chris Huelsbeck stuff though is probably from R-Type and the first Turrican.

Don't know the original game, so my opinion is only based of what I've seen so far from their pitch. I like the graphics, I think they are above Indie average and well made, especially the transformation between light and dark world. I also like the music and how it shifts smoothly from retro to metal and back. I'd say well done. But it's not my genre, so I probably won't play it.

Just wanted to add that I saw today "The Rise Of The Owlverlord" in an retail shop today ... :D

It was bundled with the "Meat Boy" game - and the package sais that only the "Meat Boy" game needed Steam ...

You can get both Giana games via GoG.com. I'll warn those reading though, they're among the hardest platformers I've ever played. And two of the very few I have gotten stuck on. Very good games, but not for everyone.

They are going to release an "jump and run racing game" soon - built upon the current game / engine.
What I mean is what the Steam version already has as a patch, but it will be an full-fledged game with multiplayer.
I could've played it at the RPC, but decided against it, because I'm unfamiliar with controllers others than keyboard & mice.

Did it look like a more advanced version of this?

The levels are the same, but the rest has been overhauled. What you see in this video is basically what I called "the steam patch".

The new game made out of it has a differrent title screen, different characters - ninja look, for example ! - and … well, it looks (at least to me) "fresher".

Edit : I've been digging out this : http://www.xboxtavern.com/giana-sisters-dream-runners-on-xbox-one/

And yes, the new game called "Dream Runners" is multi-platform.

Edit : German web page about it : http://www.ps4news.de/news/entwicklervideo-zum-platformer-43300
The video there is in English language. (Huge accents, though !)

Back
Top Bottom