Nethergate - Resurrection Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb has announced a remake of their classic semi-historical RPG, Nethergate:
At last, Spiderweb Software's classic adventure of treachery and battle in ancient times has returned! Travel back to ancient Britannia for a tale of cunning foes, vicious battles, and a race to rediscover the lost secrets of magic.
Nethergate: Resurrection is a huge, exciting, fantasy role-playing game, which features:​
  • Two different sides, the powerful Romans and the savage and cunning Celts. Each side has a completely different full-length adventure.
  • Enormous game world, with dozens of dungeons and many characters and quests.
  • Fascinating storyline. Fight for freedom, or further the glory of the Empire.
  • Lost secrets of magic! Dozens of spells and hundreds of hidden magical artifacts.
  • Innovative story and unique setting. Unlike any fantasy game you've ever played.

Head over for a screen or two. Fans will note terrain height is back - yay!​
More information.

Yep - I missed that one as well, definitely will be checking out the remake!

I can't afford a new PC right now, but how sad is it when you can't meet the system requirements of a Spiderweb Software game?!

Smorri

I can't afford a new PC right now, but how sad is it when you can't meet the system requirements of a Spiderweb Software game?!

Smorri

It is sad.

The end of term for universities and colleges is coming up. Keep your eyes open for postings in bus stops and on telephone poles. Perhaps you can afford an old PC. I'd think anything this century should run a Spiderweb game...

Sounds good, have downloaded the demo' - i might even buy the full game to support Jeff. ;)

What demo would this be? I checked on the site and didn't find anything, unless you are talking about the demo of the original version.

It is interesting that Spiderwebs latest game (Geneforge 4) uses some of the same sprites as the original Nethergate, Namely item graphics such as gloves and shields.

Yes that's right bjon045, the original demo which i hadn't previously bothered checking out (my quick post was a bit vague i admit) :blush:

Browsing the spiderweb forum on the Nethergate revamp, i was curious to see what differences could inject new interest in this latest development, would it be enough to get me to buy it or would it be too similar to the previous game as many players have stated the spiderweb games are alike, me included.

Although it sounds good, i think i'll hold back, pending favourable reviews on release. :)

Smorri

Huh? What PC do you have now? How can you *not* support those requirements?? ;) I mean - he's just asking for 50MB ram, 50MB hd and 800x600 resolution??

Huh? What PC do you have now? How can you *not* support those requirements?? ;) I mean - he's just asking for 50MB ram, 50MB hd and 800x600 resolution??

I'm running Windows 98. I tend to play older games and this PC does that quite well. I have other PCs for even older games (a Win'95 PC and a Win 3.1). My plan is to keep this Windows'98 PC as is and my next PC would most likely be XP. But certain happenings rule out any XP PC in the foreseeable future. So I fall short of the Windows 2000 requirement. I wasn't complaining, just making an ironic observation. :)

Back
Top Bottom