Risen Working for bandits but still trying to keep my options open

elkston

Sentinel
OK, so far I am level 8 and I have only been to the bandit camp and its surrounding environs. I have NOT been to the harbor town yet.

At this point, I have been to see the Don (forged sword for him) and gotten his mission to see what is up in Harbor Town.

I also got a mission from Fincher to lead an attack on the Order (Inquisition) people at the temple SE of the bandit camp. I went ahead and did this, killing a guy named Rudoplh in the process.

Now my question is, by carrying out this attack have I destroyed any chances of joining the order If I was to change my mind? Was "Rudpolph" an important character? Since I cannot get into that part of the camp without being attacked/captured by the order I assume I am not meant to just talk to Rudoplh unless I become a recruit.

I guess I wanna know if I can still go to harbor town and do quests for the Order to gain experience before I make the final decision about who I am going to go with.

I guess I wanna know if I can still go to harbor town and do quests for the Order to gain experience before I make the final decision about who I am going to go with.

Yes you can.

Well, no, not really. Whatever side you stick with inside Harbor Town, is the side you have to join. This is due to a quest you get from either side (Master Apollo or whatever wants you to help the Inquisition in the town, the Don wants you to help the bandits).

Yes, but you can do both sides quest....just not all of one side or you join them. I went to the Harbor and did 3 of the 4, then did 4 of 4 for the Order and became a mage.

If you do a quest for the Inquisition, the corresponding bandit will leave the city and go back to the farm. Do two quests for the Inquisition, and you've blown all chances to join the bandits as far as I know, as there will only be three questgivers left in the city. You need four to reach Scordo.

Of course, you can do all the other quests in the city, and simply leave the quests that are marked "For the order" or "For the bandits". You'll get a dialogue option with those marks when you're about to do something permanent.

Do two quests for the Inquisition, and you've blown all chances to join the bandits as far as I know, as there will only be three questgivers left in the city. You need four to reach Scordo.

Not true. Two of the quests can be done without kicking out anybody. But a word to the wise: some of the thieving skills in town can only be learned if you complete quests given by those characters. If they get banished you cannot learn those skills until you leave the city.

Back
Top Bottom