After Reset - A Classic Open World RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
After Reset is a new classic roleplaying open world game inspired by Fallout.

DESCRIPTION:

After Reset™ - a classic roleplaying open world game with old school top view, which action takes place in the future on Earth dying slowly after nuclear cataclysm that buried nearly all life on the planet.

PLOT:

Planet Earth. 132 years after the "Reset," the thermonuclear apocalypse which ended human civilization. Around one third of the globe is covered by "Yellow Zones," where the ruins of cities are covered with radioactive dust. In these areas, anarchist "Survivor" groups have taken control, and uncontaminated food and drinking water are valued at parity with human life. Another third of the Earth is in the agony of the "Red Zones," the epicenters of the deadly anomalies which arose as a result of a nuclear chain reaction in the atmosphere, and the morphing of the planet. The majority of terrestrial organisms are not capable of surviving in the "Red Zones," which makes it a perfect home for mutants and "guests" from deep space. The planet is unrecognizable and empty…
The developer announces the game has been Greenlit and that a kickstarter will go live to fund the development.

My Fellow Supporters,

I come before you tonight with the great news: today we've been greenlit. It took us 5 days to get selected by Steam. As you can see from our statistics we showed the best dynamics ever.

I believe we set Greenlight record because of your interest, your support and your votes. Thank you!

See you on Kickstarter soon. And regardless of what happens, I am going to continue this fight. Let’s make this game happen already
In the meantime you can watch a few videos and look at some screenshots also.

More information.

Last edited:
I hope that the Kickstarter campaign will be as successful as Wastland 2!

Damn, why do these things keep popping up on the month that I am broke :-/

No thanks. If I want open world games inspired by Fallout, I go and play Fallout 3 or Fallout NV, which I would assume are much better (and probably getting both would be cheaper than pledging for this project when it starts).

Nevertheless, good luck with the project.

No thanks. If I want open world games inspired by Fallout, I go and play Fallout 3 or Fallout NV, which I would assume are much better (and probably getting both would be cheaper than pledging for this project when it starts).

Nevertheless, good luck with the project.
Your right but I'm getting tired of playing Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. It's an instant pledge for me when it goes live.:)

Inspired by? Some of the narrators words were taken directly from the intro to Fallout. Sounds more like a ripoff to me.

In terms of competence, it looks impressive - in terms of originality, it does not.

Inspired by? Some of the narrators words were taken directly from the intro to Fallout. Sounds more like a ripoff to me.
Maybe so but nuclear bombs, vaults, and aliens are not trademarked. Any other insightful commentary on how it's a ripoff. Maybe all those other games that use this theme are ripoffs also?
In terms of competence, it looks impressive - in terms of originality, it does not.
Thank you Dart you put it better than I could, and took my reply from me, Your right it's not original I agree.;)

Maybe so but nuclear bombs, vaults, and aliens are not trademarked. Any other insightful commentary on how it's a ripoff. Maybe all those other games that use this theme are ripoffs also?

While we can argue back and forth forever about what constitutes a rip-off, I don't think any sane person can deny this pitch looks, smells, feels, tastes and sounds like Fallout.

Which is probably why you're trying to deny it a little bit ;)

Which is probably why you're trying to deny it a little bit ;)

Nah it just doesn't bother me as it seems to bother others. I'll take 20 games that copy each other over only have one that I have played to death.

Wait that sums up the entire RPG industry doesn't it? Nothing is original.:)

Nah it just doesn't bother me as it seems to bother others. I'll take 20 games that copy each other over only have one that I have played to death.

Wait that sums up the entire RPG industry doesn't it? Nothing is original.:)

I'm not big on originality myself - but I can't say it doesn't matter at all.

Sometimes, I feel certain settings become overly familiar and they saturate the market - and at this point, I'd say post-apoc and zombie games aren't exactly bringing that fresh feeling they once did :)

But for fans of the underground vault => desert wasteland thing - I'm happy for them :)

Fallout in its way defined a genre (at least a sub-genre) or RPGs. Look at Underrail. I'm happy to see a new one come along, and frankly I don't even like FO3 or FO:NV so I'm not going to complain. This one time. :)

Whatever guys this is instapledge material and deep inside you all know it.

And did I see it right, dev's name is Black Cloud Studios?

Richard Nixon presents?! Really? If there weren't so much effort put into this (concept art, screenshots, webpage, Greenlit on Steam), I'd be concerned this would be a hoax. Apparently it's legit.

Well, it is looking really good, for sure, but I'm waiting for more info and more (real?) gameplay footage before getting too hyped. I'm definitely interested, but let's see how this turns out. More Fallout-esque games is never a bad thing, afterall.

Sleek camera movement designer diary and good helmet model. Lets hope they can deliver after KS

Thank you for your interest, guys!

We will show gameplay on KS and will send press builds (like on screenshots) for review. KS is in a week or couple.

Feel free to ask directly on Developer Q&A Forum: http://www.afterreset.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2

Back
Top Bottom