Wave of Darkness - Kickstarter Launched

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aurofinity & Dreamatrix have launched their promised sequel to Legends of Dawn called Wave of Darkness, and are asking for $20,000 to help fund the game.

We have originally envisioned a trilogy so part of the Wave of Darkness (WOD) has been developed simultaneously with Legends of Dawn (LOD, which was funded here in 2013). The story takes place in the world of Narr and continues where we stop in LOD, but WOD can be played on its own, independently of the LOD. On the other hand the player can load your character from the LOD into WOD. The player enters the game in times of war and chaos that reigns across the Danian area around their Capitol - Sidis Tarea - situated in midst of swamps. Featuring a vast and impressive game world, a comprehensive crafting system, original spell generator, system of sacrifices, new gods, compelling storyline, future ‘modding’ capability, streaming technology, mini-games, and endless slashing, blasting and looting. Wave of Darkness is an hack’n RPG”.
Don't forget to read our interview from last year.

More information.

That video was hilarious. Her many poses and looks made me LOL. Not sure if that was a game preview video or an appeal to the testosterone of young male gamers in the hopes of opening their wallets.

In-case you missed the news I posted on the front-page yesterday they also released a new patch for Legends of Dawn. I will back this game for $15 for a digital copy.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27792
That video was hilarious. Her many poses and looks made me LOL. Not sure if that was a game preview video or an appeal to the testosterone of young male gamers in the hopes of opening their wallets.
Well it worked as I backed the game so thank you for pointing out the obvious.;)

But her eyes man! They hypnotize!

Backed for 15:p

I saw further down on this site people commenting that LoD was ok… but then I went to Steam and pretty much every review on their sales page says it's excrement. The graphics look intriguing at some points and I like the idea of sacrifices to different Gods …. but every review I find destroys LoD. I also have to admit I am cynical about devs re-releasing slightly tweaked games as new on Kickstarter and Steam to rake in more cash before abandoning it…….

Couchpotato - you made me laugh more..... so you are one of the current few backers of the sequel? I think she actually whispered "Couchpotato.... claim me" in one part of the video ;)

The first game....was interesting. It wasn't great or terrible it just was.

Well, one good part of this video is it reminded me (for some weird reason) that I hadn't donated to RPGWatch in a while (I come here daily) so I fixed that :) Great site.

ICouchpotato - you made me laugh more….. so you are one of the current few backers of the sequel? I think she actually whispered "Couchpotato…. claim me" in one part of the video
No problem you can tell I like to joke around myself sometimes, and I wouldn't mind if she whispered my name. Now excuse me the wife is giving me that look again. :biggrin:
Well, one good part of this video is it reminded me (for some weird reason) that I hadn't donated to RPGWatch in a while (I come here daily) so I fixed that.
And we thank you for your donation.:handshake:

The poses in that video did make me chuckle a little when she showed up in glasses. Next I thought she'd be smoking, then in a schoolgirl's outfit, then maybe a dominatrix. It's like that crappy Charlie's Angels movie, where every scene they were dressed up in a different mainstreamish fetish outfit. But, ah, Lucy Liu….

…But I could spend all day listening to this woman talking about the need for more old-school computer games. And then maybe Lucy Liu could roll over on an office chair, extolling the benefits of turn-based games…

LOL... To be honest.. I read WOD, I think World of Darkness. That is what the 90's conditioned me to do.

Not sure she should have been roll playing the way she was. But the game looks good, though 20,000 doesn't seem to be enough to the game they are trying to sell no matter how many looks she gives us.

So Legends of Dawn remastered, I guess. The art assets and everything are mostly the same and taken right out of LoD. I already supported that game, so I'm not a backer. If you guys recommend it after release, I'll buy a copy.

The girl wasn't nearly cute enough for me to open my wallet :)

They should have re-used Kyla Cole. They would have hit their goal quicker.

The poses in that video did make me chuckle a little when she showed up in glasses. Next I thought she'd be smoking, then in a schoolgirl's outfit, then maybe a dominatrix. It's like that crappy Charlie's Angels movie, where every scene they were dressed up in a different mainstreamish fetish outfit. But, ah, Lucy Liu….

…But I could spend all day listening to this woman talking about the need for more old-school computer games. And then maybe Lucy Liu could roll over on an office chair, extolling the benefits of turn-based games…

I really wish they didnt do that but i still pledged because of what she said. Sad that women are still used in that way in the industry still.

I tried LoD 1.30 yesterday and it is still pretty crappy. But for the effort I am at least going to follow this new KS and not bad mouth them everywhere since they not only promise a improved game but say they will backport improvements into LoD. If ever LoD become playable and fun I might buy WoD at that time.

The best feature of this game will be the awesome graphics. It's not the fault of the Wave of Darkness art team, that their programmers practice Wave of Bugs.

To make this game successful I would:

- hire new coders and let go the current ones
- hire new animators and let go the current ones
- hire a project manager, who can whip the team into having a bug-avoiding work ethics fitting the superb art of this game.

Hey it worked to get my interest, her accent is great!
Seriously though the first game completely passed me by and there's not really anything in the video which would make me think I need to back/buy this now.

I might see to check out the first game though if it's cheap enough.

I'm not sure I can recommend backing this.. Legends of Dawn was well, really bad.

Hey it worked to get my interest, her accent is great!
Seriously though the first game completely passed me by and there's not really anything in the video which would make me think I need to back/buy this now.

I might see to check out the first game though if it's cheap enough.
Don't! You have more chance to get something worth playing by giving 15$ to this KS.

Back
Top Bottom