Grim Dawn - Build 20 Now Available

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Build 20 Now Available of Grim Dawn is now available, and you can read more on the games forum. Anyway here is the information from the update.

Multiplayer and skill transmuters live with Build20

It is with great excitement that we announce the release of multiplayer. I know for many this has been the most eagerly awaited feature. It is still in the testing phase and our programmers are currently working to improve it and fix remaining bugs. We feel it is now generally playable enough to be fun despite occasional odd behavior and crashes. With a larger audience testing we can isolate those and get them fixed in good time. We are also still working on some additional features and improvements for multiplayer, such as personal loot, hardcore filtering in the server browser, etc.

The other big new development is skill Transmuters, which alter the way certain skills work, allowing them to be used differently. For some, this means eliminating the cooldown for the trade-off of decreased damage. Others can be enhanced but require certain weapon configurations. This opens up many new build possibilities as some secondary skills can now be used as primary attacks and some primary attacks can be converted into more powerful secondary skills with a cooldown. Ability to convert damage on some skills should also create some interesting synergies.

There are many other fixes and improvements in B20, including new start menu, new skill page UI art, inventor item dismantling, new ground textures for Warden's Lab, etc.

For a more detailed list, check out the update notes on the forum.

The Arcanist class is also soon to be released, so keep an eye out for that in the next month!
More information.

Awesome gem. Represents the best indie competitor to Diablo 3, IMO and possibly better than Blizzards work.

Awesome gem. Represents the best indie competitor to Diablo 3, IMO and possibly better than Blizzards work.

I have not logged in in Months-- but when I did play I had a blast and felt I got my $25 worth.

Never has my backlog been so filled with Quality games-- I spend more time saying NO than yes to games these days..

Forgive me for being lazy, but is there recent mention of a release date goal? The last one I had said August 2013. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom