EverQuest 2 - Transfer Wrangle Continues @ Official Site

I thought he clearly stated that ALL the characters were "scrubbed" of all gear and items...in my mind that sounds like just the character itself was transfered. No items, no plat...nothing.

Was their experience lvl carried over...I guess "some" would yell about that too though. But I'd think that the vast majority would only be mad IF they somehow carried over their items...I'm I missing something else?

Regards

If they had been hand-scrubbed as was stated it would be one thing but that wasn't how it worked out. They had had all of their equipment still intact, their mule characters were also brought over along with their alt guild. Their guild level, and alt guild level, was artificially inflated and the players, upon transferring over, immediately went and listed all their "gifted" gear onto the ah.

Also, there were and are a good number of people that have been playing on the test server that actually tested without the gimme's from GM's. Yet none of those people, some of whom had been playing on test for far longer, were not offered the same treatment.

It had less to do with the "rewarding" of community members and more to do with SOE GMs breaking their own EULA for their friends. Then to top things off trying to lie, again, to the community about how it was handled. I just feel sorry for all the suckers that continue to pay SOE a dime for their crap products.

I find a lot of pleasure in gaming, and I don't intend to actively work against the enjoyment of either myself or others by cheating.

Sorry, but I just had to comment on this one ... ;)

I sometimes have the feeling as if some games are actively working against the enjoyment of my play ... ;)

These are hard games I mean, and when a game becomes work instead of play I just quit.

That's one of the reasons why I'm so much against the add-on to Gothic II.
It made the game more difficult - and a difficult "game" is no "game" for me anymore, but rather "work".

Just to explain some of my beliefs ...

(I sometimes have the feeling as if some developers are actively working against the enjoyment of my play ... )

I read stuff like this and I'm so glad I left Sony and Everquest 2 years ago...

@Acleacius: Thanks, I've downloaded this tool. :)

Back
Top Bottom