Risen 2 - Play as a Pirate @ IGN

Eh, what's wrong with people in their 30s and 40s, eh? EH!?!?
More to the point, he is not supposed to be the hero from Gothic - no connection between the two worlds.
The nameless hero thing is a design choice - it provides a blank slate, i.e. you can project your own imagination on the hero more easily (in contrast to say the witcher or mass effect or now DA2, that have a rather defined main hero), and secondly it avoids problems with voiced dialogue that would come up if you were allowed to choose your own name your character.

The character might be the one from Gothic. The gods were destroyed and the titans were freed to wreck havoc. PB just couldn't call it Gothic anymore after jowood dropped them. So of course it cant be the same character right? I have nothing against playing an older character its just rare to see. Still I would love to have a name for my character. I happen to be 29 so no offense.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hmm, sounds like a more than tenuous connection of the lore to me, but OK. Even assuming the conncetion of the worlds is there though, I doubt the hero is meant to be the same.

I knew that Risen2 would be a fact, but it seemed like I missed some things.

The pirates theme looks like a cool idea and even a logic consequence/following from Risen. I hope they can make the guns work good.

About the Risen Lore: Don't remember the part of Greg but there was definetelly a hint to Xardas for me.

They already have my attention :)

Back
Top Bottom