Gamescom 2015

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
I'll be heading to Cologne again this year for Gamescom (August 4 and 5).

So far I scheduled a meeting for Expeditions: Viking, Elex, Spellforce 3 (same booth as Elex) and I'm awaiting confirmation of Divinity: Original Sin EE (although I wonder if there is anything new to report on it).

I've just started making appointments and have a few ideas, but what other games would you like to learn more about?
Obviously it would help if the game is actually being shown at Gamescom :)

Is Chris Roberts „Star Citizen“ on the show?

But Myrthos we can't possibly know what exactly will be shown there!

But I bet some more footage will appear from Fallout4, don't skip it please.
If EA will be there then Mass Effect 4, if Square Enix then DX:MD, if Spiders I'm sure some Technomancer wouldn't hurt, if CDpr a pic of two about Cyberpunk… Oops… Seems this upcoming flood of sci fi got under my skin far too deep.
Not that I'm complaining.

Again, I'm unsure whether I'll attend it or not - and if, then only in the afternoon, after the Hordes have gone. ;)

I'm thinking of 6th or 7th to be there.

A quick one - will Topware appear?
Raven's Cry EE is set for end of september, there will be a bunch of new features and content in it, but no details are known. If they'll show something at Gamescom...

I'd suggest Star Citizen, but I really don't want to be responsible for all the ignorant whining about how it's just a big hoax by a bunch of scam-artists.

I'd suggest Star Citizen, but I really don't want to be responsible for all the ignorant whining about how it's just a big hoax by a bunch of scam-artists.

The Star Citizen event is taking place off-site at E-Werk in Cologne and is exclusive to backers as per the announcement.
Myrthos will be going to the actual Gamescom at Köln Messe and more specifically the business center where they are hosting all the press booths and appointments.
Besides, with SC I'm sure there will be a livestream as in previous years and any kind of interesting info will be posted on the official forums immediately.
Myrthos is probably better off just having a beer with Larian (or whoever) on the night of August 7 than spending it at E-Werk among 2,000 sweaty, screaming Star Citizen fanbois ;) .

But who am I to say... it's Myrthos' trip and schedule so we'll just have to wait and see for what daddy brings home for us! :biggrin:

The way the GC has developed since it is in Cologne, I doubt Myrthos is going to set a foot into the consumer halls. Most days are already sold out.

The Star Citizen event is taking place off-site at E-Werk in Cologne and is exclusive to backers as per the announcement.
Myrthos will be going to the actual Gamescom at Köln Messe and more specifically the business center where they are hosting all the press booths and appointments.
Besides, with SC I'm sure there will be a livestream as in previous years and any kind of interesting info will be posted on the official forums immediately.
Myrthos is probably better off just having a beer with Larian (or whoever) on the night of August 7 than spending it at E-Werk among 2,000 sweaty, screaming Star Citizen fanbois ;) .

But who am I to say… it's Myrthos' trip and schedule so we'll just have to wait and see for what daddy brings home for us! :biggrin:

Aren't you ever the wise ass ;)

Congratulations for knowing so much and yet seeing so little when it comes to SC!

If I'm not mistaken, you're German, right?

Efficiency, efficiency, efficiency but no fucking heart or vision. Budget is out of control - everything is going to hell!!!! Right? Hehe, let's see.

Sometimes, I have to check twice to be sure Gothic really came from that place.

At least you know how to make cars ;)

The way the GC has developed since it is in Cologne, I doubt Myrthos is going to set a foot into the consumer halls. Most days are already sold out.

All I can see in the Games Com of today is this : A split. A social gap.

Most cynical point of view ( don't say I haven't warned you ! ) :

Masses are carried into the consumer thing - cattle ...
REAL men are going to thebusiness centre ...

I mean, it's like The Elite vs. The Peasants ... cynically put / seen.

And that's not too far away from the difference betwen business vs. consumers ...
Everyone involved in [larger scale] business just owns everything, gets the profits (just look at the heads of huge international companies / firms like Ikea, Aldi, Amazon, Microsoft ...)
meanwhile the consumer is basically the HUGE, faceless mass to be milked by them. All for the higher glory err money err ... well ... thingy of the business owners ...

And those looking for - apart from Crowdfunding - for those riches. It's a bit like Ancient Rome Patronage. In the end, it might lead (or has already led) to a system of smaller companies being dependednd on the good-will of rich patrons err investors.
(I can't help myself, but I always have the picture in my mind of dogs moving around their owner, "asking" for food ...)

Sorry, but I'm overly sensitive towards everything that creates a social gap ...

Are you hallucinating?

Yes ! :D

I'm visiting the consumer halls on press day, which is Wednesday. It is not that crowded on that day. I have most of the appointments on Thursday and won't visit any of the consumer areas.

If you are going to meet with Nordic staff then ask them about the guild 3. It isn't a rpg but the information regarding the title is scarce.
The mandate, Renowned Explorers: International Society,
Maybe even final fantasy stuff if you get bored.

I don't know if these games will actually be on Gamescom, but the appropriate publishers will:
  • BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment - Cyberpunk 2077 (don't know though if they'll actually be publisher/distributor)
  • Bethesda - Fallout 4
  • EA - Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • EuroVideo Medien - The Mandate
  • Focus Home Interactive - Technomancer
  • Focus Home Interactive - Vampyr
  • Ubisoft - HOMM VII
  • Warhorse Studios - Kingdom Come: Deliverance

No Square Enix with DX:MD?
:(

My appointments are now:
Expeditions: Viking
Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr
Elex
Spellforce 3
The Mandate
Victor Vran
The Dwarves

Have outstanding requests for:
Divinity: Original Sin Extended Edition
The Technomancer
Vampyr
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Not going to Fallout 4 or Mass Effect. we will have loads of reports on these games from other sites. I would have nothing to add to them.

I wasn't aware that Cyberpunk 2077 would be shown at Gamescom.

I wasn't aware that Cyberpunk 2077 would be shown at Gamescom.

I don't think it is... they said that 2015 and 2016 belong to the Witcher. According to VG247, Iwinski said that CD Projekt wants to keep quiet on Cyberpunk until it can announce a release date, similar to what Bethesda did with FO4. So probably no Cyberpunk news until 2017.
They don't even seem to be at Gamescom at all. I could not find CD Projekt among the list of exhibitors. Or are they sharing a booth with one of their publishers (1C, Bandai Namco or Warner Brother)?

Back
Top Bottom