WoW - Free Character Moves

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
For those of you still playing World of Warcraft Blizzard announces free character transfers are underway ending on July 25th.

If you're on one of the source realms listed below, you can move your characters to one of the designated destination realms and avoid the queues -- for free!

By initiating one of these transfers, you will be moving your character to a new realm and home. This is a one-time, one-way move. If you wish to move your character elsewhere, you will need to use the paid transfer service.

Please be aware that, due to the unpredictable nature of free transfers, we may close down any Free Character Moves at any time and without warning if the target realm becomes full. If you plan to move with friends or your guild, we suggest that you coordinate the effort to reduce the chance of any stragglers being left behind.
More information.

My guess is the only reason people play this anymore is because of the social factor. I played years ago, and easily became part of a casual guild who were helpful, intelligent and funny. Maybe played 8 hours a week, but it felt like a community.

When I read "Free Character Moves" for the first time, I thought about dancing. :D

Aren't free character moves between specific servers offered on a regular basis on WOW? I was pretty sure this was something that they have been doing for years in order to balance out server populations.

I really thought they were charging for individual animations after reading the headline. Better patent the idea so I can sue them later.

Back
Top Bottom