Divinity: Original Sin II - All's Well That Ends Well

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Today the Kickstarter campaign for Larian Studios Divinity: Original Sin 2 came to an end and in their most recent Kickstarter update they thank us all for bringing them over the $2 million mark.

After 35 days, 42,713 backers, over 19,000 comments, and a whopping final total of $2,032,434 (plus an estimated $43,000 from Paypal), the Kickstarter campaign for Divinity: Original Sin 2 has come to an end!

All of us at Larian Studios have been truly overwhelmed by the level of support that we have received — not only in terms of pledges, but also feedback and involvement. Right from the beginning, it was our aim to use the campaign as a means to bring our community of fans into the heart of the development process. In every regard, you have exceeded our wildest expectations, and we would like to extend our everlasting gratitude to you all.

And of course, all of the stretch goals have been unlocked! The combined pledges from Kickstarter and Paypal mean that we’ve broken through the $2 million mark, and all of our stretch goals have now been achieved! Get ready for Game Master mode, the Hall of Echoes, Skill Trees and much more!

What's Next?

Of course, this is only the end of the beginning — there’s still a game to finish! The updates and community involvement will continue for every step of the way; there’s plenty of stuff that we haven’t even gotten around to showing you yet, and we can’t wait to bring you the latest developments. As for now, everyone across Larian’s four bases in Ghent, St. Petersburg, Dublin and Quebec will be raising a glass (or two, or eight) to celebrate the end of the campaign and to salute the best community of fans that any developer could possibly hope for!
More information.

Great campaign, great team and as always an entertaining Swen.
You can feel their passion and enthusiasm for RPGs.

I'm looking forward to the Enhanced Edition and Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Swen is very entertaining. Definitely a good face for a game, language barrier be damned.

Good fun was had by all. Looking forward to EE.

My only regret is that I jumped on the bandwagon and pledged as soon as I saw the Kickstarter was live before coming here and finding out the Watch was sponsoring a fundraiser. I didn't have the funds to back it twice.

I am looking forward to the updates from Swen and will definitely give D:OS another play through when the EE comes out later this year. One thing I really enjoy with the games I have backed on Kickstarter is the constant stream of updates. I feel more informed about the game's development than a game developed under normal publishing methods where often you hear the game announcement and then don't hear much of anything else until it is close to release.

My only regret is that I jumped on the bandwagon and pledged as soon as I saw the Kickstarter was live before coming here and finding out the Watch was sponsoring a fundraiser. I didn't have the funds to back it twice.

You could have canceled your pledge then come back and pledged through the Watch...

You could have canceled your pledge then come back and pledged through the Watch…

If I make a pledge, I am going to honor that promise. I guess I could have did as you suggested and Larian would have still ended up with the equivalent amount, but I look at a pledge as a promise and a commitment, and I would not feel right about reneging, regardless of the reason.

If I make a pledge, I am going to honor that promise. I guess I could have did as you suggested and Larian would have still ended up with the equivalent amount, but I look at a pledge as a promise and a commitment, and I would not feel right about reneging, regardless of the reason.

I respect that.

Really surprised to see people value their word and honour it this day and age! Good for you man :)

My only gripe with them getting all that money and reaching all those stretch goals is that it'll take much longer for the game to reach release day. At least that's what I assume.

Back
Top Bottom