PoE Patch 2.01 or Just Wait?

Pillars of Eternity

Rills

Sentinel
Hey all. I was bout to purchase PoE (really want to play this game) and download the latest 2.01 patch but from everything I have read on several forums this latest patch has inflicted serious bugs.

I don't plan on downloading the latest DLC until later. So do you think I should hold off until the next patch?

Personally, having waited this long, I'm going to wait until all the DLC and patching are complete.

I am replaying it right now, it is a fun game but you aren't missing much once you get into the second half of the game.

Last edited:
Hey all. I was bout to purchase PoE (really want to play this game) and download the latest 2.01 patch but from everything I have read on several forums this latest patch has inflicted serious bugs.

I don't plan on downloading the latest DLC until later. So do you think I should hold off until the next patch?

I've heard about pretty serious bugs, too. But it's Obsidian, so that's to be expected.

I hope they'll get around to fixing them soon, though. I'm surprised they haven't already patched some of the more serious ones.

Personally, I'm going to wait until DLC 2 is out and when the core systems are reported to work as intended.

I'm also going to wait until all the DLC is out. I've been eager to play PoE for awhile now, but I can't stand that the devs are still tweaking the rules after all this time.

So your advice, if I am reading correctly, is it will be fine if I went ahead and installed, correct? What patch are you using? Thanks.

I am using patch 2.0 and haven't noticed any real bugs but then again I finished it the first play through with patch 1.03.

Hard for me to say don't play it when I am replaying it, though not putting huge amount of hours into to it. I was going to just check out the expansion but my saved games were all messed up so I just started over.

Myself, I'm not touching this thing again till all eight expansions are out the door plus the normal 20-40 subsequent patches. By then it should all feel new and bright and fun again as well.

2.0 inflicted a bug that made the game hang at Sweynur's mill. I stopped playing there. I'll probably wait for part 2 of White March before playing.

I'm also going to wait until all the DLC is out. I've been eager to play PoE for awhile now, but I can't stand that the devs are still tweaking the rules after all this time.

Me, too JDR13. I really want to play this game now but there are too many bugs. So has Obsidian given us any hint as to when the second DLC is to be released? Just how many DLCs are they hinting at? It wouldn't surprise me that every time a new DLC is released more patching will be needed.

I thought the DLC will be divided into 2 parts? I don't think backers will be too thrilled if the said DLC will be divided into even more smaller parts?

I can't stand that the devs are still tweaking the rules after all this time.
I wish they'd go all out and do something about the Might (Strength) attribute, even after all this time. That one still doesn't sit well with me. Aside from that, I'm also waiting until everything is out before I consider jumping in again, with a full replay.

People keep saying the second half of the game is worse than the first part? Is this really true - and have they done nothing about it in the DLC?

I played during some earlier versions, but I didn't really experience any bugs whatsoever. I also really enjoyed the game all the way through, though the earlier sequences were more mysterious, and therefore more interesting. Great game for me.

For what it is worth, I experienced no bugs on my first playthrough and have not yet faced anything game-stopping into my replay on hard. Perhaps I need to try harder to break the game. ;)

I'm into Act II, about level 6 (playing a wizard) and are doing some Caed Nua. Still shaping my party really. Will drop Kana for Grieving Mother once his quest is done. Quite enjoying it and liking the fact that combat is no longer a cakewalk.

I can see myself trying Path of the Damned once Part 2 of the White March comes out with yet another character class. I'm also curious how many Watchers have attempted the "Triple Crown" solo achievement. Off the top of my head I'm guessing Kordanor might be one of a few…

Back
Top Bottom