What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

I never said i didnt like Human Centipede, in fact quite the contrary. In fact quite a few of the film's finer quotes have now made it into our lingo. Gems such as (paraphrasing) "now i know that YOU ARE THE MIDDLE", or "FEED HER!" (which is usually met w/ a grimace).

There's a sequel in the works called The Human Centipede Part 2(Full Sequence).

Apparently it's already been banned in the UK.

The British Board of Film Classification would not give even its strictest rating to the second film, saying it poses a “real risk” to audiences.
:)

I've been remiss. Catching up.

Priest 3D
3D was completely, totally wasted. The 3D was only used twice in the entire show, and not well at that. Total cash grab via inflated ticket prices. Movie wasn't bad, but utterly forgetable.

Pirates 4
I read somewhere that Captain Jack is a better supporting character than focal point. Gotta agree, even if I do enjoy the character a good bit. Movie was OK. Typical summer action flick--lots of style and thin on substance, even by my generous standards.

Thor
Tragos actually hit the nail on the head. Terrible script, bad acting, but some impressive visuals. The best part of the movie for me was flashing back to the Norse chapter of my AD&D Deities and Demigods manual as various characters popped up and trying to remember their weapon stats.

X-Men: First Class
Fun movie. Not going to win any awards, but enjoyable to watch if you've followed the series. Don't want to give it away, but the running joke on Patrick Stewart was very well done. Exactly what you'd expect from this sort of movie, no more and no less.

The British Board of Film Classification would not give even its strictest rating to the second film, saying it poses a “real risk” to audiences.
What 'real risk' could that be? Seriously, I dont understand other than a possible risk of vomiting if you think too hard about it.

I still think that neither movie will come near Serbian Film 's nastyness
From what I'm reading, no film ever made will come near that notorious film's content. Sounds absolutely hideous.

Last edited:
I'm surprised how easy it was to watch Serbian Film online, instantly. Was it shocking? I guess. Maybe the fact that I read about the entire thing beforehand several times before watching it subsequently killed the sneak attack that may have made it more surprising.

I didnt like it, overall it really made some stretches as to what this guy would have / wouldnt have known. Shock for shock's sake, which i dont particularly like anymore. It seems like a cry for help from the director or something, like a person who injures themselves to get attention.

It seems like a cry for help from the director or something, like a person who injures themselves to get attention.

I just read through the plot on Wikipedia, and I think I'll forgo actually watching it.

I've watched movies for shock value in the past, but this one crosses over into the realm of absurdity.

It's silly to ban it. You know perfectly well what you're in for if you rent it. Of recent movies I've seen only one have really shocked me. It was an assault scene in the swedish "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

From what I'm reading, no film ever made will come near that notorious film's content. Sounds absolutely hideous.
The most shocking thing about the movie was how well-made it was. Felt like the bastard child of Miike, Trier, Lynch, and Cronenberg. I think that movie pretty much destroyed every taboo in existence so nothing left for other shocker movies, haha.

Last edited:
Not a Movie. Faaaar longer than a movie, but not quite as much action. Inspired by the 7 hour long tv broadcast of the complete railway journey from Bergen@Norway to Oslo 1 1/ year ago, our national broadcasting company decided upon a similar stunt for Hurtigruten (Norwegian Coastal Steamer). Showing every minute of the 6 days long trip from Bergen (still in Norway) to the far north (and east): Kirkenes. The ship left Bergen yesterday at around 20:00, and is currently north of the town of Ålesund.

You can watch it on line here: http://hurtigruten.no/live?gclid=COjD3Zy8vakCFYeVzAod6UxJhg, The site and the program is in Norwegian. But you'll see a lot of the scenery. And all the Norwegians waving flags. "Look mummy, I'm on TV!" And no commercials.

Slooooooooow TV, indeed. If you're not fed up with Norway by the sea after this, you will never be. Yay!

Says Pibbur who will watch it now and then.

EDIT: Some infomation in English and a link to the broadcast here: http://blogg.frankeivind.net/2011/06/17/hurtigruten-minute-by-minute-live-on-norwegian-television-minutt-for-minutt/

Last edited:
Source Code.

Liked it alot. Time went by FAST in the theater - and I was alone there with the GF. Helps, as I tend to despise other people in public places.

Not sure it's the kind of movie I want to over-analyse - as such plots often break under scrutiny. But I liked the basic concept and execution.

I was watching "Inception" out of the corner of my eye while playing MoW last weekend. Looked pretty cool. I need to watch it again with my full attention.

I was watching "Inception" out of the corner of my eye while playing MoW last weekend. Looked pretty cool. I need to watch it again with my full attention.

My GF rented Inception a few weeks ago, and we fell asleep about 1/3 through.

Not saying it's bad.. it just didn't grab me from the start. I should probably give it another chance.

I gather it requires a bit of attention to grok what is going on… The premise seems a bit bogus, and corporate espionage doesn't excite me much.

Not really that much attention. They dig down into the guy's mind level by level. In each level the time runs 10 times faster (meaning they get 10 times as much done in the same time). They want to create a domino effect from bottom to top because it looks cool and it's the only way to get the job done.

The only complicated thing is finding out on which level they are. It's usually pretty clear within a couple of minutes after a change.

The ending is also clear. The film delivers a clear hint where and when it ends.

My GF rented Inception a few weeks ago, and we fell asleep about 1/3 through.

Not saying it's bad.. it just didn't grab me from the start. I should probably give it another chance.

You should. The second half is full of spectacular action. One could even say it's one long action sequence on several levels. The time until they start their burglary, if you want to call it that way, is a bit too long.

Inception is definitely one of Nolan's best - if you take away the "snow" scene, which is too long.

Back
Top Bottom