Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Released for PC

did some deeper checking - the official response is its not supported but many people have got it working by simply upgrading the drivers.

the other workarounds are to run it with DX9 enabled and possibly DX10 turned off, and, failing that, in W95 compatibility.

Beamdog I think is trying to deflect criticism that a game from 1998 should be able to work even with "enhances". That's not to say that Intel is innocent in this with the difficulties with OpenGL drivers in general.

lol all this whining just for an intro? I'm waiting the OSX version to try the game but that's not an intro that will make me decide, lol.

I think the "whining" is perfectly justified criticism actually. The new intro does indeed look like rubbish, losing a great deal of the menace that Sarevok exudes in the original intro. The static expression on the face of his "victim" also looks completely out of place and isn't very convincing.
The blood trickling effect into the main title screen also loses some of its impact as a result. Needless to say, I'm not very impressed.

The new intro sucks. There's no other way to put it. If they felt that they needed to insert new movies because of resolution issues, etc., then they should have at least included all the original cinematics under a separate menu so people could still view them.

Intro looks like crap. Game still plays like I remember. Can't wait for a buddy to pick it up so we can rock some multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom