Skyrim - DLC Details, Kinect Support Tomorrow

How exciting, last week we got 'maybe details next week' and now 'info tomorrow'.

I know it's news so you have to cover it but I really wish all gaming sites would refuse to cover announcements of announcements.

I know it's news so you have to cover it but I really wish all gaming sites would refuse to cover announcements of announcements.

News announcements about coming announcements has really hit epidemic proportions lately. It should be toned down but I already know the opposite will be true.

I can stop covering them but someone is going to send me the link with a "you missed this" - or, as happens all the time, link IGN or some other generalist site in the forums. So, if you guys promise not to post "hey, look what I found at Kotaku", then I won't cover it.

But that also goes for all the other pre-announcements, like "Grim Dawn is going to do a Kickstarter", "Dead State is going to do a Kickstarter" or any other it-hasn't-actually-happened-yet.

It is only announcements of announcements that people hate and not announcements themselves. I like hearing about what they are going to do or what is going to happen but hate when they say that they are going to say what they are going to do or what is going to happen.

PS. Tomorrow I'm going to tell you that I'm making a pre-announcement of an announcement of a game I might make if the wind is blowing right.;)

Tomorrow I will tell you what I think abour premature announceulations ;)

I can stop covering them but someone is going to send me the link with a "you missed this" - or, as happens all the time, link IGN or some other generalist site in the forums. So, if you guys promise not to post "hey, look what I found at Kotaku", then I won't cover it.

But that also goes for all the other pre-announcements, like "Grim Dawn is going to do a Kickstarter", "Dead State is going to do a Kickstarter" or any other it-hasn't-actually-happened-yet.

Tomorrow I will tell you what I think abour premature announceulations ;)

how many have turned out to be vapouncements?

I can stop covering them but someone is going to send me the link with a "you missed this" - or, as happens all the time, link IGN or some other generalist site in the forums.

I don't fault RpgWatch for posting these things. These things typically originate from developers and that is where 'fault' (for the lack of a better word) lies.

Meh. DLC this summer? 360 wiil get it first? So I guess I won't feel bad uninstalling Skyrim for my laptop upgrade after all...

You might as well uninstall because the Skyrim you have today will be vastly different than the Skyrim you will have in 6 months, in all likelihood.

So it'll be called "Dawnguard" - no huge surprise there.

It's a little hilarious how the scant information that people have on this gets mangled by other news aggrigator sites. I've seen several implying it was adding fanciful a "snow elf player race" and a "snow elf princess." I think some of the editors for those sites probably have a hilariously wrong idea of what "snow elves" look like. That they turned a single character called the "snow prince" into a "snow elf princess and a 'new' snow elf race" kind of makes me laugh a little.

I suppose the practice of heavily paraphrasing and attempting to expand what ammounts to 4 pieces of sentence-length information into 5 paragraph blog/news posts is partly to avoid accidental plagarism. Too bad some of those other sites also end up losing what little original information their was through editorial brain-farts in the process. Here's an example - and part of the reason I prefer a specialized site like RPGwatch:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/335729/20120501/skyrim-dlc-release-date-2012-dawnguard.htm

How they are so certain those are "crossbow arrows" is beyond me. They must know something about bolts and quarrels that makes that obvious despite the fletching and back-mounted quiver (yes you can put a bolt quiver on your back, but most of the period ones I've seen are belt carried.) At least they haven't described them as a beautiful and fanciful new player race like I saw one site do earlier today - I'll try to find it again if they haven't edited it.

You might as well uninstall because the Skyrim you have today will be vastly different than the Skyrim you will have in 6 months, in all likelihood.

Yeah, but it was a hassle to get all my config files and mods set up. This may mean I don't go back to Skyrim for a very long time due to lost interest. Dragon Age: O never got revisited for expansions and DLC for the same reason. Call me fickle. ;)

Back
Top Bottom