Skyrim skyrim 1.5 patch is live

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Incidentally it also updates the Creation Kit, which fixes the problem people had with .esp files getting corrupted. So it's safe to resume modding now

Incidentally it also updates the Creation Kit, which fixes the problem people had with .esp files getting corrupted. So it's safe to resume modding now

And one of the first things to do would be using the CK to fix the mess brought by this patch on the smithing/exp gain issue... again. sigh.

All these updates are really messing with my skse mods. Looks like no 3d love or shadow fix. I know bethesda are not fans of 3d and it's a very small install base but I was hoping.

@zloth I haven't tried Helix fix for shadows in 3d. Is it easy to install and does it work?

WTF is the navmesh bug? No posts on the Bethesda forums can describe it English for some reason. All I see are links to 7:30 long videos. No wonder Bethesda has taken so long to fix a problem that the modders can't even succinctly describe in words. :rolleyes:

WTF is the navmesh bug? No posts on the Bethesda forums can describe it English for some reason. All I see are links to 7:30 long videos. No wonder Bethesda has taken so long to fix a problem that the modders can't even succinctly describe in words. :rolleyes:

Long story short : it screws NPC's pathfinding in any user created "levels"/dungeons/houses when the player comes back to one of these custom places a second time.

The first time you visit such a place, NPC walks around as they should, and your followers… follow your character obediently. But move out (at least two cells away for Skyrim, if memory serves) and when you return all the NPC just stand there like statues… AND your followers will stop walking pretty soon too.

Not being a native speaker, there's most certainely a more concise and better way to describe it, but that's it, basically.

It's naturally quite a demotivating bug for any modders bent on sharing more interesting stuff than suposedly sexy bikini armors…

Even for a native speaker, that is an excellent concise description. Thanks!

It's too bad that the folks advocating for this fix couldn't describe it as well.

Well this explains why the mods are so shallow. If you can't create a nice living area with NPCs that walk about on their daily or "radiant" or follower behaviors why create new areas? Seems rather fundamental. :S

Navmesh was just one of CK bugs which makes moding a pain Thrasher. There is custom NPC head/body tint mismatch bug and large statics not appearing/disappearing in-game bug and clutter spilling itself all over the place bug and... and...

As BlackHarmo have said: this bug appears only on a second visit to the custom build place. Those YouTube vids were made to disprove Beth's previous claims about fixing navmesh bug. So, I guess, they wanted to be thorough and convincing.

Except for simple mods, I typically play TES games vanilla for the first several months. This gives both Bethesda and the modders time to get all the wrinkles ironed out. I played my 600 hours and shelved it for a while. By now Fallout 3 and FNV should have tons of mods that are stable, so my next Bethesda fix will be a heavily modded version of one of those.

Sounds sensible doesn't it crpg? Trouble is that Skyrim's CK bugs were all inherited from Fallout 3 GECK. Difference is that CK is being SLOWLY updated/fixed and GECK is not...

As BlackHarmo have said: this bug appears only on a second visit to the custom build place. Those YouTube vids were made to disprove Beth's previous claims about fixing navmesh bug. So, I guess, they wanted to be thorough and convincing.

I'm not aware of any claims made by Beth that they fixed the creation kit navmesh bug.

From the beginning, even during the CK beta period, devs have only commented that they are aware of the problem and they've been working on it.

In their internal workflow system, the navmesh bug never came up, because their version of the CK is designed for multiple people to work on the same build of the game.

Except for simple mods, I typically play TES games vanilla for the first several months. This gives both Bethesda and the modders time to get all the wrinkles ironed out. I played my 600 hours and shelved it for a while. By now Fallout 3 and FNV should have tons of mods that are stable, so my next Bethesda fix will be a heavily modded version of one of those.

Just 600 hours? What's wrong didn't you like the game?:lol:

I'll probably hit 600 someday i'm at 200 now and the only quest line I've done is thieves guild. I've spent at least 50 hours just running around testing mods. I fear I may never finish modding my game though so many mods and they just keep coming. I have about 40 installed now. Mostly graphic mods.

By now Fallout 3 and FNV should have tons of mods that are stable, so my next Bethesda fix will be a heavily modded version of one of those.

Wishful thinking, but it would be nice if they were to update the GECK to put FO3 and FNV mods on Steam Workshop.

Previously I used the nexus quite a bit; however, the Steam Workshop is so much more convenient.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=S1mmm9gyJEQ You don't have to watch the video. Just read comments. And notice the date…

OK, I read them. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

There is a guy on youtube with nickname mephistomac, who says he thinks the patch fixed it three weeks ago. Is that what you are referring to?

The devs never claimed to have fixed it. None of the patch changelogs make this claim, even in this latest 1.5.26 beta patch, which corrected the CTD problem but did not fix the overall navmesh bug issue.

In fact, the developers have posted comments on the bethesda forum repeatedly indicating they are still working on this.

Back
Top Bottom