PoE Why You Will Love Pillars of Eternity!!

Pillars of Eternity
D

Deleted User

Warning - Extreme Gushing Ahead! :lol:

Hope this helps, in case you're on the fence or something. ;) Ciao!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've put the full Youtube link in the

I'm already loving it, ended up going to bed 3AM last night for the first time in a very long time =)

Has anyone NOT gone to sleep yet? Fluent?
Sleep what do you mean Toff? As everyone knows by now I reply on this forum 24 hours a day. Just kidding its more like nineteen hours as I sleep for five hours.:biggrin:

Yeah, Couch is a madman. A very busy madman who rarely ever sleeps. And you can always tell when he's sleeping because he's not posting on here. ^.~

And yeah. This game is consuming me, too. Someone on here called me a "grazer" once, but once in a while a game comes along that makes me forget everything else.

Pillars is that game.

I warned my girlfriend that while she may come over tonight - I'm going to be locked on the computer!

I expected this game to be good but I'm incredibly impressed with everything about it thus far. It has better depth of systems and writing and organization than many big budget games. Seems like they did a lot of it seat of the pants based on the documentary and for them maybe that works better.

Incredible game "rules" and systems, awesome character classes setups and progressions, excellent spells/abilities, choices to be made, excellent writing, interesting story, and I think the UI is really good too (not something to rave about but what I think makes it good is that I've yet to find myself saying, I wish it could do X - it just naturally flows and is intuitive enough that so far the only thing that wasn't just "there" and natural was stack splitting (double click).

I also like that the game isn't fast and easy. The xp/leveling is paced out and even normal difficulty can get your attention. They give you all these toys and toolboxes of goodies and you need to use them.

Well said, Voqar! You really hit the nail on the head. In my video, I detail some of these same ideas, but I mostly just ramble on and I'm not too precise in this one! Hah! :)

But yeah, the game has incredible rule systems underneath everything. I'm super impressed that they managed to get this much "stuff" in their game with their meager budget. They really poured a lot of LOVE and effort into this game, and it just shows in every design detail. Super high attention to detail, here. :)

Cheers! Back to PoE I go. :) :party:

Okay, it is Sat. afternoon how much of my free time is going to be to this game? It sounds like a lot as it is half way through installing.

BTW my wife said thanks to all of you for talking about this game so much. I don't think she meant it all though....

I will probably play it for a couple hours tonight and then shelve it and wait for additional content, patches or whatever.

I will probably play it for a couple hours tonight and then shelve it and wait for additional content, patches or whatever.

This is what I have done. Except I'm waiting to play it in full force after a PC upgrade to ensure I'm getting the full PoE effect. I think the minimum specs are overestimated (I'm playing with a Core 2 Duo E8400 w 6 GB RAM with fine performance), but then I haven't gotten far enough into the game to see if there are any major problems.

it's fairly bug-free at the moment. The primary problem for people is permanently losing talent and race effects if they use double click to equip items. But you can work around that.

I have to agree with Fluent ( although I did not watch video, don't want any spoilers). Took the day off from work ( nice rain and snow mix for weather ... Perfect for gaming) just so I could play more ... It's that good.

There's actually no spoilers in the video, other than an area that I briefly show with dead enemies strewn about, but I don't think I actually give anything away in the video! ^^

Glad to hear you're enjoying it lots, wolfgrim! :)

There's actually no spoilers in the video, other than an area that I briefly show with dead enemies strewn about, but I don't think I actually give anything away in the video! ^^

Glad to hear you're enjoying it lots, wolfgrim! :)

Oops my bad - I was just going on a comment someone wrote on spoilers - thanks for the clarification!

Game is so cool - love its depth.

Yeah, me too! :)

The spoilers thing came from me saying in the video that there 'may' be spoilers, but I didn't end up talking about the story, I Just showed an area in the game that was a bit further ahead than the starter zone. :)

Thanks to all who checked it out and commented! Love you guys, man.. :party:

Back
Top Bottom