Umbra - Kickstarter Launched

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter for Umbra has launched a few hours ago and they are asking for $225K, to be reached within 30 days.

An isometric view open world action-RPG taking place in a corrupted world falling apart. You are a former officer of army of the Human Republic, forced to flee the death penalty because of the magic powers you have unwillingly developed. Being tracked down by humans and hunted by the monsters of the Wild, you are recruited by a mysterious group of Templars. And thus an epic adventure begins in which you will wander the world to fight inhuman, mutated monsters and discover the terrible secret of the extinguishing mankind.

The game features a unique mechanic called Apocalyptic Form that allows players to shape shift into a highly customized character! You’re free to mold your character thanks to a deep and rich customization system. And thanks to our complex crafting mini-game and our housing module you will be able to make your adventure feel as YOUR adventure!

As you can see from our video, the detailed environments, intense action and impressive effects are beautifully created thanks to the next-gen technology of the CRYENGINE.

More information.

God I am so picky, Looked so good until the action part started.

Tell me it has a story and no respawns and I'll instapledge!

It has good graphics yes but I'm not sure it will do much of anything better than Torchlight 2, which can be gotten for a dollar in a bundle.

Looks like some kinda nightmare twitchy fest game.....not for me! They could really have used an editor to do some proofreading as well.

That seems like a pretty lofty goal, but I think it looks pretty good so I will probably pledge.

God I am so picky, Looked so good until the action part started.

Absolutely this. There're some interesting ideas there and the bit on the giant's back looked great, but the combat looks far too fast paced, twitchy and over the top for me. Good luck to them though.

I will try it once it hit one of the bundles sales :)

Maybe they're making a mistake by selling their game too cheap. 9 / 12 / 15$ isn't much.

I won't lie, this looks better graphically than TW3 :D

Looks gorgeous. Back'd!

Back
Top Bottom