What games are you playing now?

I'd advise patience there.
On WoR forum PB employee said something that they played DX11 Gothic 2 and are happy to see it. I'm waiting it to be finished myself so I can give it a runthrough.

When I say 'obligatory install' I mean that because it is one of my all-time favorite games I autonatically install it on everything I get ... even if I have no intention of playing or just recently played. It works great for me right out of the GoG install .... I will get back to it soon enough :)

Just started playing PoE. About 1.5 hours in and got to Gilded Vale. Gotta admit, not very exciting at this point. Playing a mage, and spells are basically same as D&D, just different names lol.

Am on an Oblivion splurge at the moment. Today has been back on Morrowind via the most excellent Morroblivion mod.

-kaos

Started messing with Dungeons of Dredmor. I'd glanced at it a while back based on some comments and a developer interview here at the Watch. Steam put it on sale for pocket lint this weekend so I took the dive even though I've got way too many games in the backlog and I've become a gaming polygamist to the extreme.

Finished the tutorials already and started the first game. Immediately determined that my character build was hot garbage so I hari-kari'd and will start another one soon. The game appears to be very good at what it does, though.

Another gaming polygamist here. I play different games every weekend: this weekend it was Din's Curse and Of Orcs And Men. Last weekend Might and Magic X and The Witcher. Never finish anything, just enjoy hanging out in those worlds when I'm playing.

AC:Unity here.
The first game on my 1year old PC that can't go maxed but is set on low by default (nVid exp does it) i4670K+GTX760. Oddly enough, I haven't seen any game that has to be put on normal or medium on my rig so far… So it's either max/ultra or this one exception on low*.

Should I buy a pair of titans because of that one game? :D

——————————
* I'm well aware that I cannot run Shadows of Mordor on my machine with ultra textures as I don't have 6 gigs of VRAM, but also there is no way I'll ever buy that game thus it's totally irrelevant in the formula and shouldn't be used as an example of "normal".

Another gaming polygamist here. I play different games every weekend: this weekend it was Din's Curse and Of Orcs And Men. Last weekend Might and Magic X and The Witcher. Never finish anything, just enjoy hanging out in those worlds when I'm playing.

I'm sort of becoming the same way! I think it's important to just enjoy the time you spend with a game, finishing it or not. :)

Cheers, Notorious (and double cheers for checking out Din's Curse ;) ) :party: :party:

Maylander and I started MM7 on the same day. 30 seconds later he was done. 3 weeks later and I'm about 1/5 through.

I'm on the 'Apocalypse Weekend' section of Postal 2. I had started a new game before playing the new 'Paradise Lost' DLC, and got to Wednesday and it was too easy so I started again to up the challenge ... which worked better for making the experience more enjoyable.

Also still playing VtM:Bloodlines and Pillars of Eternity. Yummy stuff all around :)

Im also bouncing around a few games, with nothing really capturing me for long stretches at a time. Im currently cycling though Pillars of Eternity, Divinity:Original Sin, and a few strategy games in Civ 5, Fallen Enchantress:LH, and Endless Legend

Ive kind of discovered that my game playing hours have been spent more on strategy games lately (Civ5, FE:LH, EL, XCom, Space Rangers 2), or sports simulations (OOTP, BBCF, DDPB, FOF), than on any story/exploration games.

Still playing Pillars of Eternity. I guess I am too completist and obsessive to play anything else in the meantime. Or I just really dig it. :)

I like to spend time thinking about how my roleplayed personality handles each situation, rather than just winging it as fast as possible. Also I try no to think of the consequences and do meta-gaming. It's tough work. ;)

Really having trouble deciding what to do about the Sacrificial Bloodlines quest. Maybe just ignoring it would be the best thing for a goodie goodie? Neither option feels right.

Also the Servant of Death quest, while understandable, seems rather disruptive to the community. More like servant of chaos. Probably will sit this one out as well.

I am playing PoE right now, too, and my character is sitting out the Sacrificial Bloodlines quest because she is a total goodie-goodie and both options seem evil.

Yep, seems like the right choice. The completist in me screams, but the roleplayer in me sighs with relief. ;)

I love choices like this that really make me think. Nothing like this compares in recent games, except maybe Alpha Protocol. This is what makes me an Obsidian fan. :)

I'm in a hiatus. Finished PoE a week ago, before that I was playing Wasteland 2. Tried to go back to WL2 but ... I don't really want to. Maybe in a few days, but right now I'm not in a WL2 mood. Maybe King Arthur 2.

Well ... I played about halfway through Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend before quitting it and remembering WHY I have played core Postal 2 about a dozen times since 2003, but not the expansion.

Started on the Paradise Lost DLC (expansion) and it is more free-form and seems a return to form ...

Downloaded Hearthstone last night on my phone and ended up playing all evening. I'm not sure if I should have got it as I was a big Magic nerd long ago. I can see me playing this some.

Gothic III, but...

I admit that I don't really play games much, ever since I switched to Linux as my primary workstation. However, excluding Linux games such as Wesnoth, Megaglest and Nexuiz, there's not much to play there. So, I reinstalled Gothic III, patched it up with mods, latest community patches, better textures etc (it's rather old and buggy, in its original state) and have been playing it happily.

Back
Top Bottom