Divinity 2 - 1.03 Patch Released (Updated)

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A short but welcome update on the Divinity II v1.03 "super patch"from dtp's Betty:
We will be relaseing the patch 1.03 by tomorrow.
No further details at this point on exactly what the patch will do, other than the summary released a month ago.
More information.

Edit: patch has been released:

Patch 1.03 brings new features for Divinity II: Ego Draconis and fixes some bugs in the German, French, English, Italian and Spanish version. It also brings all language versions on the same patch level.

To deliver the smallest patch possible per language we seperated the patch exes into three versions:

German Patch 1.03:
http://www.divinity2.com/downloads/patch...1.03_GERMAN.exe (1,87 GB)

French Patch 1.03:
http://www.divinity2.com/downloads/patch...1.03_FRENCH.exe (876 MB)

English, Italian, Spanish (plus US) Patch 1.03:
http://www.divinity2.com/downloads/patch/Divinity_II_-_Ego_Draconis/Divinity_II_Patch_1.03_EIS.exe (406 MB)

If you already have a Divinity II patch installed on your PC just click on "Search online for updates" in your start menu and you've got it.

New features:

- Added a crosshair option for better targeting/item interaction
- Physics improvement. Easier to walk forward when running into objects.
- Melee attacks now hit multiple targets in a cone
- Greatly improved both sword and bow targeting
- Turned down homing of enemy projectiles on lower difficulties
- Added waypoint shrines to map
- Shorter animations for certain skills

Notes:

- Patch 1.03 contains Patch 1.01 and Patch 1.02
- To make all changes shall work properly you should start a new game
- This Patch only works with all DVD versions of the game, online retailers will deliver their patch in addition.

Last edited:
1.03 has been out for the enUS version since release. The game is still incredibly buggy with it.

1.03 has been out for the enUS version since release. The game is still incredibly buggy with it.

Yeah, yeah … totally unplayable, kills small animals, we know - that is the matter of every post for you.

There are always bugs, and some serious … but for me I have encountered 1 minor bug and that is all in many hours of playing the US version.

Oh - this patch is the 'unifying' patch to get everyone up to the same rev.

Maybe he should kill some small animals and specifically bunnies.

I don't know what your rig is, but I'm probably around 70% through this game without a single crash and as far as I can tell only a couple of very minor problems. Could you list the bugs your having?

All right guys, I've been playing the US version and it is indeed a bit of a buggy game. Infinite loops when loading new areas or save games, unable to exit the game correctly, world geometry not loading correctly, npc models beneath the world...I could go on. I'm in the Orobas area and loving the game, but to jump all over that guy for pointing out there are still some polish issues with the game is silly.

I didn't see any of those bugs with the UK release. It seems to be machine centric!!

I have never seen one of those issues and I have the first English version released.

It is most likely some kind of incompatibility with certain hardware because I've just recently upgraded my rig and Divinity 2 is also completely unplayable on my machine. The graphical stutter and image tearing is so bad that I get a headache after only a few minutes of play time. I even got a Blue Screen of Death at some point, the second one, I've ever encountered in several years of Windows XP use.

I there are any ingame bugs as well, I can't tell because I haven't managed to get past the tutorial area yet.

Cant wait, already installed a fresh divinty2.

Wonder on what CPU/GPU the bugs appear for some of you guys... ?
As long it aint a 5850 i am happy ;)

From the research i've done in a lot of forums around there are diferent kind of complains, and some people dont know how to explain well and then other people just think they are all the same.

- Stuttering - Normaly more common on people who have high-end machines. The game engine renders too many frames, and even with v-sync enabled, it seems the engine bypasses the entire v-sync and just renders out of control frames, leading to a "stuttering" game. (i have this suttering problem)

- Choopy / slow FPS - We have some (but not as many) complains of people that have "choppy" or low frame-rates even with an over-the-recomended-spec, and that seems to be a diferent problem (some kind of incompatibility or unknown problem). - I dont have this problem.

- Black Screens - We have some people who complain about black loading screens, or that the game freezes on exit, or sometimes people have dialogs that just dont progress in-game - I dont have this problem very often, but a couple of times it happens.

Then we have some people who complain about abilities bug or gameplay issues that dont make "sense" like disapearing NPCs, etc - i never had this problems.

THis are the major "bugs" or complains i've seen all over the forums, most people tend to mix them all up into one bag.

Interesting.

Higher level machines have problems, lower ones don't ?

Normally it is vice versa, isn't it ?

Yep, this game has tons of reports of bugs. I found out after I attempted to play the demo and I couldn't even get to play the game before it froze on a loading screen. Checked the larian forums and numerous people had the same problem, it does not give a good impression of the game when you try the demo and you can't even play the damn thing. After that experience I had no interest in buying the game.

From the research i've done in a lot of forums around there are diferent kind of complains, and some people dont know how to explain well and then other people just think they are all the same.

- Stuttering - Normaly more common on people who have high-end machines. The game engine renders too many frames, and even with v-sync enabled, it seems the engine bypasses the entire v-sync and just renders out of control frames, leading to a "stuttering" game. (i have this suttering problem)
That is the problem I'm having as well. The problem is the same whether I set all the settings to the lowest settings or the highest settings, so it is not related to low framerates, and the issue makes movement in the game a real strain on the eyes.

I'm playing the game on the PC in the UK and after the patch I can now exit the game but I still can't change to higher resolutions (and I've tried all the usual fixes apart from changing the graphicoptions file which can't be found on my Vista 64 machine).

I have a high end system and don't have stuttering problems but I did have the black screen issue along with another issue I have never seen mentioned. Those got fixed when I disabled desktop composition in the compatibility settings. Currently I have no problems with the game.

Back
Top Bottom