X: Rebirth

Not being able to fly cap ships is no big deal for me as I found them painfully boring in X3 but hopefully in a later expansion/sequel you will have the capability to purchase different "main" ships. I believe you still have the capability to manually fly your drones/wingmen and other ships in your fleet except it is slightly different than your main ship i.e. no interior and it also disables fleet command. I guess it is kind of like jumping into a turret. I am 100% sure on this though.

edit: actually I don't see anything about flying other ships in those videos so maybe it is limited to drones. I guess you would just give commands to other ships then.

Last edited:
The game definitely looks beautiful...I really want to try it.

Looking forward very much. ArmA III and X:Rebirth make this a very good year outside the RPG world. Also: STALKER Pripyat Misery Mod (not yet played).

I saw that. Only a german printed manual. This just fell into the only "buy when less than a happy meal" category. Bad Egosoft.
"Printed" being the key word. The only boxed version (at first) is the German version from Deep Silver. That doesn't surprise me. X3:TC didn't show up in a box in the USA until version 2, long after it came out in Europe and Russia.

I wouldn't be in a real big hurry to buy this game, though, as much as I expect to love it. Something this huge is bound to have some fairly serious bugs. Best to give it a month or three of patches, IMHO. I don't know if I'll be able to resist the hype but I'm going to try.

Yeah, you can see the cell-shade in the debut video's cockpit, too. It seems like it's cell-shade inside, sweet graphics outside. I would definitely rather have pretty graphics everywhere but I'll live.

Look at those little drones grab the rocks! I guess that means no more ram-mining by taking a big ship with big shields and just crashing into rocks until they were smashed up small enough that ramming them would (somehow) put them into the cargo bay.

Lots of emphasis on trading.

Pretty ships too!!!!

just watched another vid ..bit of a turn off that you're stuck with the same ship the entire game..

But you're not, really, because you can remote-fly drones.

yeah ..but its not really the same thing is it.
for me atleast, space/trader sims are about making money to get that even more awesome ship with more firepower, more cargo space etc..
new drones just isnt the same thing imo.

You can get new ships, but you just can't fly them in first person, as I understand it... You can only fly them remotely. I would have preferred the ability to fly them in first person....

You can get new ships, but you just can't fly them in first person, as I understand it… You can only fly them remotely. I would have preferred the ability to fly them in first person….

It's not really fly them remotely, it's more send commands to do X. It's explained in the trading and mining video (toward the end).

They sort of designed the game even more toward the traders who didn't want to "fly".

That's what I meant and something that was in Terran Conflict too, so it's as accurate a description as any. Remote trading is a term used in game, if I remember correctly.

I have the X collection I bought in Steam or some other digital site, but never played them so far. I did play the first X (or maybe it was the 2nd?) way back but couldn't play much because my computer couldn't handle it. Another problem I think I remember having was that there was no indication of what the 'normal' price for stuff was, so in-game there was no way of knowing if $10 was good for titanium dust or not. Guess I could print out something from the web now, but back then it wasn't easy (and it should be in-game anyway, after all, it's my character living in that universe so he should know something if he's going to be a trader)

Back
Top Bottom